Search in native Spotify?

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Now native Spotify is FINALLY working, a possibly dumb question...
How do you search for an artist, album or song in the native Spotify app?

Can't see anywhere in the PCM Spotify app for this function.
Mea culpas in advance...
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

Can't see anywhere in the PCM Spotify app for this function.
Mea culpas in advance...
It's not a dumb question at all because the UI is not intuitive. You need to use the general media search function. I made a quick video to show you how. Apologies for the glare but the sun was shining through my window.

Ernestostvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hey there! I'm glad to hear that the native Spotify app is finally working. I faced the same issue recently and have been looking for some info on it. But I figured it out. I understand the frustration of not being able to find certain features, but don't worry - you're not alone!
I came across a website called streamingfamous.com that has some great tips and tricks for optimizing your streaming accounts and getting the most out of them. They might have some helpful information on how to search for artists, albums, and songs within the native Spotify app.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CatWithBat

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Working now or need any tips?
I had tried everything and finally was told by Porsche "they changed something at their end" and magically Spotify was able to log in.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Spotify is useless on the native app on my car. On a good day I can get the menus. Select a song to play and it crashes and the car is no longer registered. Phone and computer apps are just fine when the car has lost it's registration, so it doesn't seem to be on Spotify's end. Spotify works through Car Play but not on the native car app. And this is the streaming service Porsche decided to include with the purchase of the car. Apparently Porsche didn't do much testing. Did you have Porsche service do something or was it just working one day?

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Spotify is useless on the native app on my car. On a good day I can get the menus. Select a song to play and it crashes and the car is no longer registered. Phone and computer apps are just fine when the car has lost it's registration, so it doesn't seem to be on Spotify's end. Spotify works through Car Play but not on the native car app. And this is the streaming service Porsche decided to include with the purchase of the car. Apparently Porsche didn't do much testing. Did you have Porsche service do something or was it just working one day?
Couldn't agree more, strikes me as a quickly put together app with little logic to the menu design and functionality.

OP
OP
CatWithBat

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They called early this year me to pass on the "changed something" message and I should try again. I did and sure enough it was working (I had given up trying).
Sponsored