Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
I am looking to set up a secondary user account, has anyone done this, and how did you accomplish it? My dealer said the second user needs to establish a My Porsche account (done) and that me as the main user needs to add him in my own My Porsche account, which I cannot find a way to do.

Sexondly, does it get you to use charging services which is ultimately my goal. The dealer stated the car services will only run on one Connect account so I am not certain it can be done. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I asked the same question with my uk dealer. They confirmed that the 2nd use must have a Porsche if, however you can only have one Porsche I’d linked to the vin! So at the moment it is not possible.

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You have to use an actual "computer" to do it. It won't work on a phone and it won't work on an iPad.
And, you do not need another Porsche :)
Login to "My Porsche" on the web and there is (was at least) a "box" for adding secondary user. I can't find it right now, so possibly they've removed it due to the Connect issues. I have added my wife both in the car and with the app on her phone with her own account. She can't connect to the car though it seems, the Connect issue (red ring). Will try to find the "box" I'm talking about.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Bikergal

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
Ok so dealer said just to have second user log in to Charging NA with main credentials for charging. Separate Porsche ID will put second user on PCM. Not able to access a PC today only phone and iPad but thanks for info.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I can’t seem to find this. Anyone in the UK seen or know how to do it?

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
The option is on my login to add a secondary user:
Porsche Taycan Secondary User Account Screenshot_20200905-093048_Chrome

The link takes you to a page to add the users email address.

alinnell

First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan/2017 718 Boxster S/2019 Acura RDX
Country flag
I am having a heck of a time with this. The Taycan says up to seven profiles can be stored within the car but each has to have their own Porsche ID. So I get a Porsche ID for my husband...add to the car. Cannot add my own profile. Get my own Porsche ID. Still cannot add to vehicle. I add my vehicle to my Porsche ID. Great! I got my profile in the car. But then they remove the car from my husband's Porsche ID and his profile is deleted from the car...Several emails back and forth with Porsche...They say no vehicle can be on more than one Porsche ID. I ask how to put in a profile without the car on the ID and I get an email with two numbers--one for me and one for my husband calling them BP ID's. Nowhere on my Porsche ID can I find this number. When setting up my Porsche ID I was under the understanding that our ID was our email??? Will go home this afternoon and see if these "BP ID" numbers work as Porsche ID numbers in the car to allow us to set up two different profiles. This is more than mildly infuriating.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I am having a heck of a time with this. The Taycan says up to seven profiles can be stored within the car but each has to have their own Porsche ID. So I get a Porsche ID for my husband...add to the car. Cannot add my own profile. Get my own Porsche ID. Still cannot add to vehicle. I add my vehicle to my Porsche ID. Great! I got my profile in the car. But then they remove the car from my husband's Porsche ID and his profile is deleted from the car...Several emails back and forth with Porsche...They say no vehicle can be on more than one Porsche ID. I ask how to put in a profile without the car on the ID and I get an email with two numbers--one for me and one for my husband calling them BP ID's. Nowhere on my Porsche ID can I find this number. When setting up my Porsche ID I was under the understanding that our ID was our email??? Will go home this afternoon and see if these "BP ID" numbers work as Porsche ID numbers in the car to allow us to set up two different profiles. This is more than mildly infuriating.
One of you has to be the primary user. The other will be the secondary user. This post was very helpful to me in this regard: Adding a Second User - Solved

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do note that that’s just for the app to connect to the car. You should be able to add a new user in the car and tie one set of keys to that user/profile. That way the correct settings are used when unlocking the car, like Home view, seats, climate etc.
Sponsored