zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Merry Christmas beautiful people! Wish everyone and family a happy and healthy holiday season.

Been lurking for a while at the forum and been learning a lot from the knowledgeable & insightful members, thank you!

Deposit went in early December for a GTS sedan, was told I am the first in line for an allocation at the dealership, will hear more info in Q1 2022. Delivery expected end of Q2/early Q3. Finger crossed things go smoothly.

Here is my build code, trying to keep things at a minimum with mostly non-performance options:

PNNDQGG3
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNDQGG3

Do plan to daily the car and intend to keep for 6+ years.

Look forward to hearing feedback from fellow members.

One option I am debating is whether I shall stay with the 21” RS Spyder wheel. Since I don’t dislike the standard wheels that come with the GTS model. Still deciding whether to save the $$ and go one size down.

20" Taycan Turbo S Aero Design in Satin Black:

Porsche Taycan Sedan build, 20”vs21” Wheels? 8A3C169E-C8C9-4AC5-957B-C371ED7E17BA

Porsche Taycan Sedan build, 20”vs21” Wheels? A56F0CB8-37A4-4931-81D9-F3C3AD5AF2F6

Porsche Taycan Sedan build, 20”vs21” Wheels? 69563408-D743-4367-B32B-3E1B3B966B84

Porsche Taycan Sedan build, 20”vs21” Wheels? 5AC20413-4579-42F1-AAFC-3EC5FADB90CC

21” that appears everyone is picking, May I ask what make you tick this option? I mean it does look sharp and has the 911 GT3 wheel look…it would be quite nice if they made it a standard option

Porsche Taycan Sedan build, 20”vs21” Wheels? 9FDB3EDD-83AB-49D5-BEF2-DB170EE3F6F5

Porsche Taycan Sedan build, 20”vs21” Wheels? 8ACD1F8D-F2B7-41D1-8512-73046F0161D8

Cheers!

Last edited:

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
here is my $0.02 CAD :)
this is a daily driver....go with the 20" that you showed and throw a good set of winter tires on them. Then, if you want a nice alloy and larger wheel for the summer set, an aftermarket option allows you to get a slightly nicer/lighter wheel that give you a little more of personalized look (something like a nice HRE or Vossen) and then you have your setup for year-round. If you are going to throw on the RS wheels, what are you going to fit on them for the winter? Of are you going with another winter-package? if so.....back to my first answer....

OP
OP
zzy45

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
this is a daily driver....go with the 20" that you showed and throw a good set of winter tires on them. Then, if you want a nice alloy and larger wheel for the summer set, an aftermarket option allows you to get a slightly nicer/lighter wheel that give you a little more of personalized look (something like a nice HRE or Vossen) and then you have your setup for year-round. If you are going to throw on the RS wheels, what are you going to fit on them for the winter? Of are you going with another winter-package? if so.....back to my first answer....
For sure will be getting a dedicated set of winter wheel and tire. So I will go with summer tire with either the 20” or 21” factory wheel.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I 2nd that. :like:

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Some of the aero wheels (blocked openings) are cool-looking but block your ability to clean the wheel and rotors. I bought my current 4S used, so didn't have a choice. No way to clean. The GTS I've ordered has the 21" wheels, which.. why buy a GTS if you're going to take off all the GTS parts?

OP
OP
zzy45

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Some of the aero wheels (blocked openings) are cool-looking but block your ability to clean the wheel and rotors. I bought my current 4S used, so didn't have a choice. No way to clean. The GTS I've ordered has the 21" wheels, which.. why buy a GTS if you're going to take off all the GTS parts?
that’s a really good point about cleaning!

Pete722

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I feel you... Just placed my GTS order last week.

The std. 20" wheel is really ugly (sorry I dont mean to offend anybody)

I think Carmine red maybe is the only color that can deal with the look of std. 20"wheel.

Your build PNNDQGG3 is nice, I would say go with it.

For winter just buy another set dedicated for winter, you will need smaller sizes for winter anyways.

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
You are buying a GTS instead of a 4S for a reason. Get the GTS wheels.

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
I’ve just placed deposit for my CT4S and still debating on same thing 20” vs 21”. but my primary concern is ride comfort difference. Does anyone had an opportunity to compare ride quality on different set of wheels? I‘m a little bit afraid that 21 will be to stiff for daily driving.

ML79

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW M8 Convertible
Country flag
Exactly! I am supposed to lock in my build tomorrow for my 4S and keep going back and forth between the practicality/comfort of the 20" Turbo Aero (I don't love them at all) vs. the bad ass 21" spyder wheels. Problem is the tires are 265/35 and 305/30 and I live in Chicago! I am deeply concerned about the ride quality, noise, etc (would get separate winter set). Thoughts anyone?

OP
OP
zzy45

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Exactly! I am supposed to lock in my build tomorrow for my 4S and keep going back and forth between the practicality/comfort of the 20" Turbo Aero (I don't love them at all) vs. the bad ass 21" spyder wheels. Problem is the tires are 265/35 and 305/30 and I live in Chicago! I am deeply concerned about the ride quality, noise, etc (would get separate winter set). Thoughts anyone?
I think the ride comfort shouldn’t be a concern.

At the end of the day, wheels are easily changeable; then why pick something you know you don’t like (all the 20” wheel). I say go with the 21” if that’s what you like:fist bump:
Sponsored