Selective Chirp/honk on locking car

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Quick stupid question after noticing my car "sometimes" gives a very short honk when lock the car by pressing the corresponding Key on the fob. It's not always which is the puzzling part.

I noticed it first time yesterday but my app notified me right door and window were open (Wife still too gentle with closing her door) so I assumed it did the "honk" because something wasn't right. Well, that must have been a coincidence because it did it 3 times today (all windows and doors closed and app reporting everything closed) but not just now when I tried.

What am I missing?

Manual says a "tone" will be produced if any door or window isn't closed properly but they are so that shouldn't be it.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Coincidentally, I recently experienced for the first time a very brief (so brief that I struggled to identify the source) noise on locking- I discovered that I must have accidentally released the frunk but hadn't noticed that it had popped up slightly. The frunk button on the fob too often gets unintentionally pressed when in my pocket, but I usually notice at the time.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Coincidentally, I recently experienced for the first time a very brief (so brief that I struggled to identify the source) noise on locking- I discovered that I must have accidentally released the frunk but hadn't noticed that it had popped up slightly. The frunk button on the fob too often gets unintentionally pressed when in my pocket, but I usually notice at the time.
You are gonna make me go out of bed and check the frunk, aren't you? 😂

Well, now seriously, the first time it happen (it sounds like the horn going off for a microsecond so not an electronic sound / beep) it was 100% correct. As I said, passenger door wasn't fully closed and thus window in semi closed state. The app sent a warning notification too.

The 3 times today however, everything was closed and app reported everything was locked so no idea why it was vocal. I even assumed initially that I had activated something in the pcm to make it vocal but no. Tonight when I locked it, it was quiet as a mouse.
Sponsored