Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
As an employee of Porsche, and also eagerly waiting on my delivery, I want to share this information with the rest of this community. This is for North American vehicles only. Including campaigns/recalls for parts that may be missing. Hope this helps and answer some of the questions you guys may have as well.

Porsche Taycan Semiconductor-Related Production Delays - Information from PCNA Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 9.12.45 PM

Porsche Taycan Semiconductor-Related Production Delays - Information from PCNA Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 9.11.57 PM

Last edited:

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. How do I find out if my Taycan is missing more than the TPMS?

OP
OP

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. How do I find out if my Taycan is missing more than the TPMS?
You're welcome. I was told that the sales manager is the one that receives notifications on what parts may be missing from an order.

If you have a VIN, i can check to see if i have access to that information.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
As an employee of Porsche, and also eagerly waiting on my delivery, I want to share this information with the rest of this community. This is for North American vehicles only. Including campaigns/recalls for parts that may be missing. Hope this helps and answer some of the questions you guys may have as well.

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 9.12.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 9.11.57 PM.png
Thanks for sharing that information. Do you know why certain MY 21 CT are still not don’t in the factory even though they started in July. Mine started July 19 and still hasn’t finished production.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Thanks for the bulletin. Very informative and to me they should put that out to those who have ordered as it would answer some delay questions.

Is the acoustic simulator the electric motor sounds or the external pedestrian warning?

OP
OP

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the bulletin. Very informative and to me they should put that out to those who have ordered as it would answer some delay questions.

Is the acoustic simulator the electric motor sounds or the external pedestrian warning?
I agree. And yes it is. I'm not even sure if i'm allowed to share these. But I no one has said anything about this kind of information to be private. So i'll be sharing as much as I can until i'm told to stop haha.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Any idea of the significance of the Bose amplifier? It says something about '... limits navigation and telephone operations'.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I agree. And yes it is. I'm not even sure if i'm allowed to share these. But I no one has said anything about this kind of information to be private. So i'll be sharing as much as I can until i'm told to stop haha.
My salesman called to say my car was released from the port. He thinks the TPM was installed there, but until he gets the car, I will not know. Will report back on the other items as I have the Bose in my build.

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
There is also some information on the NHTSA website under Manufacturer Communications: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2021/...2520S/4%2520DR/AWD#manufacturerCommunications

Here is a document about retrofitting the wireless charger (WMG1): https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10199889-0001.pdf and here is one about adding the second key (WMF8): https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10199888-0001.pdf

No real additional information though.

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
Any idea of the significance of the Bose amplifier? It says something about '... limits navigation and telephone operations'.
I bet the speakers in the car don't work without the amplifier, so the voice directions for navigation doesn't work and obviously telephone calls won't work either without speakers.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Steering Column Adjustment is listed for Taycan RWD only, yet my Taycan 4S has exactly that missing. Does anybody know whether this is a broader thing or not?

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 9.12.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 9.11.57 PM.png
Hello, my RWD is at the port of Emden awaiting for a vessel to come to US. Is there anyway you can help me to find out if my car is missing something? Thanks in advanced.

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You're welcome. I was told that the sales manager is the one that receives notifications on what parts may be missing from an order.

If you have a VIN, i can check to see if i have access to that information.
Hello, my RWD is at the port of Emden awaiting for a vessel to come to US. Is there anyway you can help me to find out if my car is missing something? Thanks in advanced.
Sponsored