grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All, new member from Ireland got my Taycan 4S last Thursday and loving it so far. Think it’s the second one to be delivered here

however suffering with a serious and odd bug ...

when I test drove the Taycan a few times each time I turned it on it prompted me to continue as guest (as I didn’t yet have a Porsche ID)

when I picked up my Taycan on Thursday PCM was down so I continued as a guest . The following day I got my email and registered but I can’t seem to enter my ID in the car.
When I start it it doesn’t show log in as anymore ?! The Porsche sales guy didn’t know how to fix it and have an appointment tomorrow but wondered if anyone on here might have an idea and be able to help me in the meantime

any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards
Graham

Porsche Taycan Serious Bug - No Porsche Account Showing 62516A2F-A500-40EA-8B7A-DA18FF46D09F
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
COuple things:
1. Did your dealer tranfer the ownership to you? Until he does it on their side, it will not come over.
2. Patience. IT takes couple days for the system to be updated with your info.

If no luck by Monday, get your dealer to work on it.

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
COuple things:
1. Did your dealer tranfer the ownership to you? Until he does it on their side, it will not come over.
2. Patience. IT takes couple days for the system to be updated with your info.

If no luck by Monday, get your dealer to work on it.
Thanks for the reply
Even the dealer couldn’t fix it today

recorded a few videos of the issue in case anybody can help ?

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I had the same issue. The dealer could not get the log in on the car to work when I picked it up. Trying to do a factory reset failed several times. I logged in as guest for several days. Finally, last Wednesday, I tried the log in again and the log in button was available although when I entered my ID & PW the screen noted incorrect data. Drove to lunch. After lunch tried log in again and same message. BUT, as I was driving I got a map update.
Finally back at the office I tried logging in and it worked.

The Dealer did not know what to do or why this occurred. I had asked them to come pick up the car and keep it until it was fixed, but it fixed itself!

No idea!

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the same issue. The dealer could not get the log in on the car to work when I picked it up. Trying to do a factory reset failed several times. I logged in as guest for several days. Finally, last Wednesday, I tried the log in again and the log in button was available although when I entered my ID & PW the screen noted incorrect data. Drove to lunch. After lunch tried log in again and same message. BUT, as I was driving I got a map update.
Finally back at the office I tried logging in and it worked.

The Dealer did not know what to do or why this occurred. I had asked them to come pick up the car and keep it until it was fixed, but it fixed itself!

No idea!
Wow thanks - so hope the same happens to me!
Didn’t expect Porsche software to be so problematic

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
There was also the part where you work on your app on the phone - you had to be logged in on your phone on Porsche Connect before doing the car recognition....

In another similar post (user ID not recognized) someone mentioned that the Porsche servers were updated over the week-end and therefore nothing worked. The following Monday things were updated. I wonder if this is a pattern for Porsche - weekend server maintenance? However, since you had your car for almost a week, this is weird.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
There was also the part where you work on your app on the phone - you had to be logged in on your phone on Porsche Connect before doing the car recognition....

In another similar post (user ID not recognized) someone mentioned that the Porsche servers were updated over the week-end and therefore nothing worked. The following Monday things were updated. I wonder if this is a pattern for Porsche - weekend server maintenance? However, since you had your car for almost a week, this is weird.
This whole area has been pretty unreliable since I got my car two weeks ago. It took me about 10 days to be able to log into my account in my car. Since then the Porsche Connect app often says the car cannot connect with Porsche servers. See attached screenshot. The car itself is amazing, but I do hope Porsche can figure this part out. It is very hard to manage charging if the car cannot connect to the Porsche mothership and in turn to the Porsche Connect app.

BTW, my dealership called Porsche while I was there and Porsche said they were very aware of the issues with their servers. There didn't seem to be much the dealership could do.

Porsche Taycan Serious Bug - No Porsche Account Showing 2020-07-07 09.43.51

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

yes weird .. apparently Porsche HQ told the dealer today this is only the 2nd car they saw this one and are taking the car and putting it back in pre sale condition and a full re set so hopefully that works

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes weird .. apparently Porsche HQ told the dealer today this is only the 2nd car they saw this one and are taking the car and putting it back in pre sale condition and a full re set so hopefully that works
Car is back at the dealer . Porsche said they only saw one other instance where you cannot see the option to log into the car and a restore to presale sorted this out

but it didn’t work !! Now Porsche are trying to find another solution but seems they have serious software issues

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Car is back at the dealer . Porsche said they only saw one other instance where you cannot see the option to log into the car and a restore to presale sorted this out

but it didn’t work !! Now Porsche are trying to find another solution but seems they have serious software issues
After three more days at the dealer had to take car back unfixed !

There is still no where to enter Porsche ID and password (its totally missing in the car!)

after 3 more days the ticket is still being looked at but no comment what so ever or update

Cant believe the first week it has spent more time at the dealer than with me and no fix in sight

Anybody else having serious issues with PCM ?

Are things getting better ?!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
After three more days at the dealer had to take car back unfixed !

There is still no where to enter Porsche ID and password (its totally missing in the car!)

after 3 more days the ticket is still being looked at but no comment what so ever or update

Cant believe the first week it has spent more time at the dealer than with me and no fix in sight

Anybody else having serious issues with PCM ?

Are things getting better ?!
Wow, this is annoying. At least you have now the car to drive. I suspect the memory function for the steering wheel, seat and mirrors still works even if you do not have an account. Program those (push set button until it lights up, then push the number you want to program and there is a beep confirming it is stored) and at least you don't have to fiddle with the settings anymore until Porsche figures out a way to fix it.

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, this is annoying. At least you have now the car to drive. I suspect the memory function for the steering wheel, seat and mirrors still works even if you do not have an account. Program those (push set button until it lights up, then push the number you want to program and there is a beep confirming it is stored) and at least you don't have to fiddle with the settings anymore until Porsche figures out a way to fix it.
great idea will do that

Such a weird bug when the car doesn’t have anywhere to allow you to log in and after 100 hours at the dealers they still have no clue how to fix it

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So major update ..

car went back into today to have a new computer fitted that was flown in from Stuttgart.. and it worked !!

delighted!! to be fair Porsche said they had not seen this exact issue ever before and did work hard to fix it

Porsche Taycan Serious Bug - No Porsche Account Showing CDB779F6-D6FA-473E-A4A1-191731DB4299

Triniboy

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received my car on July 10 and I am still having this issue.
Sponsored