Frozenbluenj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Took 4s delivery a week ago and the connect services are stuck in activation in progress. Pcna has no answer and Connect app is useless without activation. Anyone else have these issues? Dealer no help as staff have had little to no taycan training. All blame covid. I guess porsche never heard of video training. The car is great the tech is abysmal and embarrassing for car that is suppose to represent the state of the art.
Sponsored

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, I have another thread on the issue. I’m in the same boat.

Porsche says nothing but my dealer claims an update is inbound to deal with the problem.

jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera S E-hybrid, Panamera 4 E-hybrid, Taycan 4S performance bat.
Country flag
here the same problem, mobile phone does not connect to porsche server, server does not connect to car, this for two weeks. already sent several emails for this, but no response. this is no longer serious. grtz Jan

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
here the same problem, mobile phone does not connect to porsche server, server does not connect to car, this for two weeks. already sent several emails for this, but no response. this is no longer serious. grtz Jan
The man I called at the Porsche Connect line said they’d had an email problem. I got no email response. Call instead.

jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera S E-hybrid, Panamera 4 E-hybrid, Taycan 4S performance bat.
Country flag
The man I called at the Porsche Connect line said they’d had an email problem. I got no email response. Call instead.
Thanks for the advice.

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
Thanks for the advice.
Check the thread I'm in - (No connectivity) you are not alone - I was told there is a general outage (for the last week). This morning the Charge America App would not enable an EA charger.

Such a cool car, such shitty software and integration.

OP
OP

Frozenbluenj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
After 2 weeks, finally got all connect issues resolved. Took the attention of a really knowledgeable pcna employee who was dedicated to customer service. Still missing functionality like wifi data and remote locking but was told that won't be in 2020 4s maybe in 2021. So at least now I know what is and isn't available and can focus on the incredible drive.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too am now logged in. It took the help of an unknowledgeable but persistent employee (or maybe just fortuitous timing).

For those curious: I set and cleared the privacy mode while logged in as a guest. No reason why that should have done it, but afterward I was able to login as myself.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
After 2 weeks, finally got all connect issues resolved. Took the attention of a really knowledgeable pcna employee who was dedicated to customer service. Still missing functionality like wifi data and remote locking but was told that won't be in 2020 4s maybe in 2021. So at least now I know what is and isn't available and can focus on the incredible drive.
Just so I'm clear: did they mean 'never available in 2020 cars' or 'not available until the year 2021'?

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
The implication was that it would not be available in 2020 cars.
I’ve heard the opposite, it’s just time for release as it has more to do with the Porsche infrastructure and software feature activation than the car hardware. Also Porsche could face fines and a class action lawsuit for false advertisement as this is clearly in all of their materials, both marketing and car manuals. So I’m going to bet My SA is right and it’s just timing for activation.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I’ve heard the opposite, it’s just time for release as it has more to do with the Porsche infrastructure and software feature activation than the car hardware. Also Porsche could face fines and a class action lawsuit for false advertisement as this is clearly in all of their materials, both marketing and car manuals. So I’m going to bet My SA is right and it’s just timing for activation.
I certainly hope that's the case. As you note, it is a feature that was advertised for the car, so I would be extremely unhappy if they completely failed to deliver.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I took delivery of my 4S today and the dealer was not able to connect the car with the internet, shielding me from all services and forcing me now to drive my own car as a guest. The dealer contacted Porsche. They opened a ticket. We will see. I was able to connect my own phone via WiFi with the car's hotspot, but the car itself did not connect with the internet. I guess several of you had a similar problem?

Porsche Taycan Service activation and Connect issues Taycan4SKingske

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Many people have had variations on this problem. My problem was at the Porsche ID login. Most people seem to work it out eventually with lots of interactions and trying from different places and at different times. Wish I had a solution, but the best I can offer is encouragement that you should succeed eventually!

PJLI

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S / 912 C2/ 911 4S / Mercedes S550 / Maseratti Gran Turismo
Country flag
I waited over 18 months for my Taycan. I ordered it in Florida ( Champion Porsche) to be picked up at Atlanta for the Porsche experience. Unfortunately, due to Covid ... I had to accept delivery in NY. Accordingly, I never had a formal walk thru of the vehicle. After several weeks of futzing with the software.... I realized certain segments of the electronics just didn't work properly.
I brought it to the local Dealers attention (Gold Coast Porsche).....

Am I confusing you so far?

My car has been at the dealership for a week now with electronic issues that can’t be determined. My PCM module has been changed out and the car still cannot communicate with Bluetooth and the Porsche Server.... I have not been able to connect for service activation....

Mechanically, the car works well... as a Porsche should. The electronics are the issue.. it makes makes me wish for simpler days of my very intuitive Tesla S.

I have been disappointed with correspondence from the dealership ... and am frustrated with leasing an expensive Headache while driving an entry level Macan.

This is the response from the service manager after repeated calls to him..
“Working with engineering at Porsche technical possible software change. PCM was replaced but a couple functions aren’t working. They are working directly with my shop foreman “

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored