Service Backlog Experiences?

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
I put a deposit down on a Taycan in January 2019 and have never followed through.....first I was waiting for the 4S to compare, then Covid hit and quite frankly I lost interest but not enough to ask for depsoit back. Now I am interested again but now I am having second thoughts again.....HORRIBLE Porsche SERVICE????

I had some warning lights came on in my Boxster "Fault Engine Control Possble to Drive On" Atlanta has two Porsche dealers. On October 22, I called one for service, and they said first date they would be able to see car was November 27!!!! Service department said it was because of parts, but how do they even know any part has to be replaced or if they do or dont have it in stock somewhere in the USA.....it was like a prerecorded response that made no sense. Then I called the second dealership located far out in the suburbs, first date was November 17! 4 to 5 weeks wait to make a service call? And then I read about all the relative minor but annoying service calls the Taycans need usually related to software and charging and makes me worry. Guess my post is just a rant, but should I worry about the quality of Porsche service if Taycan needs lots of servicing? Maybe its just a local thing with not enough trained mechanics
Sponsored

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
It’s even worse for Taycan. My car needed a tire replacement, couldn’t get me in for 10 days. They said there’s only 1 or 2 Taycan certified workers and only they can touch the car. Hopefully I’m not back in the shop frequently