Service campaign / software update notice

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Not sure if posted so apologies but I received a request to book in for another recall...

The letter I had listed the following fixes.

Charging
- At-home charging will be improved. Any premature disruption of the charging process will be averted.
- The calculation of the battery capacity will be optimised further

Chassis and driving comfort
- The lift function will be improved. The set vehicle level will not be lost after a restart
- Software optimisations will improve the functionality of the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) when driving downhill or in stop-and-go mode.

Comfort
- In the future, when using a guest profile, the seat and ergonomics positions will be saved and will not be lost after a restart

Assistance systems
- The functionality of Park Distance Control (PDC) will be optimised and the sporadically occurring system failure currently being experience will be eliminated

Digital cockpit display (instrument cluester) with 16.8-inch curved display
- Improvement in the driving experience thanks to several software optimisations that prevent the sporadically occurring display of various messages.

This is a 2 hour update and Free of Charge :) says the letter!
Sponsored

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
This is the same stuff that was updated in the recent update campaign. Nothing new in the list. So this letter is a bit outdated and concerns only those who haven't had the update yet.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
It’s not a “recall”. It’s a Software Update. In Porsche terminology: a Service Campaign.

The word Recall has a very specific meaning. It means (in the US) that the NHTSA arm of the government requires that the car be repaired due to a dangerous situation.

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Apologies, sent from the U.K.,

We get product ‘recalls’ all the time.

service campaigns are usually get this done next time you pop into the dealership or have the service done.

anything that is a written letter to please book in as soon as you can and send over the new owner if you have sold the vehicle are typically more urgent.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I got the letter too but won't bother as no issues with my car and this has potential to introduce unwanted issues!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Isn’t the update all software? Shouldn’t they be able to do it ota? If this can’t be done ota, what could?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Ive had a letter today saying that my Turbo may leak condenstation from the aircon into the right hand foot well !!!!

so ive booked it into get looked at

also say “additional software updates for certain control units may be available”

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
It’s not a “recall”. It’s a Software Update. In Porsche terminology: a Service Campaign.

The word Recall has a very specific meaning. It means (in the US) that the NHTSA arm of the government requires that the car be repaired due to a dangerous situation.
Yes but ... Porsche Dealer tags this as a recall where we are (Texas) when booking the appointment/sending in charge.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Yes but ... Porsche Dealer tags this as a recall where we are (Texas) when booking the appointment/sending in charge.
If the dealership used that word, then they were incorrect. Or inexact.

meh. I’m not the word police. Probably.

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
If the dealership used that word, then they were incorrect. Or inexact.

meh. I’m not the word police. Probably.
Same here when my car was held at port (presumably for the software updates) at the end of June. Dealer told me vehicle had been released for transport, then updated again to "held for recall."

Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
Ive had a letter today saying that my Turbo may leak condenstation from the aircon into the right hand foot well !!!!

so ive booked it into get looked at

also say “additional software updates for certain control units may be available”
Dan, i callled the dealer re the update letter, and was also advised that they needed to check plug / tube re the above , booked in for the 11th sept - dealer service busy 'app norf

peter

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Dan, i callled the dealer re the update letter, and was also advised that they needed to check plug / tube re the above , booked in for the 11th sept - dealer service busy 'app norf

peter
Mines going in next Thursday I've also asked them to sort the PCM out as it's absolute garbage

I've said im in no rush to revive the car back

I'll let you know what the outcome is on the Aircon

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Mines going in next Thursday I've also asked them to sort the PCM out as it's absolute garbage
What was their response to the PCM issues?

Mines just been in and had the following updates:

WLG2 – Updating software for various control units. (Completed)

WLH5 – Checking plug connection for water drain hose and connecting if needed. (Completed).

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What was their response to the PCM issues?

Mines just been in and had the following updates:

WLG2 – Updating software for various control units. (Completed)

WLH5 – Checking plug connection for water drain hose and connecting if needed. (Completed).
What’s your new software version In the car? Interested to see if I need an update when my tube is replaced.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My car went in for the Update yesterday and was not finished today. They hope to be ready tomorrow.
Updates
WLD0 replacement of high voltage cable between the high voltage distributor and the electrical box

WLE3 replacing the onboard power supply battery 12 volt

WLG2 Software update of various ECU’s

WHL5 check connection of water drain hose and correct if necessary.

Much bigger job than they had planned for and here is a picture of the status this evening after two days in the workshop. Some great power cable alright!
Porsche Taycan Service campaign / software update notice F748F850-6B90-43BB-A396-B38A9F56B2D6
Sponsored