First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Aloha Everyone,

I was a little confused on how to set up a timer for my home charging. I also noticed a lot of other new Taycan owners had the same problem. I found this video of a young man that works at a Porsche dealership and he puts out good "how to" videos on all Porsche vehicle especially Taycan. If you are confused on setting up your Taycan for night time charging (or anytime of day) this video is pretty good.

I opened the Porsche app and followed along with him and it was pretty easy. This guys YouTube handle is the Porsche Car Whisperer. I'm some of you have already discovered him but if you haven't, check out the video and others on his Chanel.

Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thx - was posted a while back on the forum along with many other "how to's". Process is simple once you know how and these visual explanations always help. Your Porsche Dealership should also offer you a Taycan Masterclass (tuition) as part of your purchase to guide you through this stuff and more besides.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I was a little confused on how to set up a timer for my home charging.
Just curious, what part of the timer setup did you find confusing? It’s mostly just a target charge and what time you want to reach that target charge. I don’t mean any offense by this, so please don’t take it that way. I’m just trying to understand what part is confusing so maybe I can better explain it in future questions.

People seem to more often get confused by the profile min charge setting.

Even in this video, the guy incorrectly states it’s actually the max (it’s not; it’s the min, as it’s labeled). But he also uses “kW/h” (a rate of change of power) when he should use kWh (a unit of energy). Using incorrect terms is always a red flag for me that someone doesn’t really know what they’re talking about.

OP
OP
STLLTH

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Just curious, what part of the timer setup did you find confusing? It’s mostly just a target charge and what time you want to reach that target charge. I don’t mean any offense by this, so please don’t take it that way. I’m just trying to understand what part is confusing so maybe I can better explain it in future questions.

People seem to more often get confused by the profile min charge setting.

Even in this video, the guy incorrectly states it’s actually the max (it’s not; it’s the min, as it’s labeled). But he also uses “kW/h” (a rate of change of power) when he should use kWh (a unit of energy). Using incorrect terms is always a red flag for me that someone doesn’t really know what they’re talking about.
For me it was something simple. Under the Profile area I didn't select the Preferred charge times and had the Optimized charging box checked so whenever I plugged it in it would immediately start charging. I think the naming convention can be misleading. My wifes Tesla app is a more simpler and straight forward. I'm general tech savvy but have to admit it took me a few mins to figure it out.
Sponsored