LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Thank you for posting the pictures. It is a very clean and seemingly well engineered design. Out of curiosity, why did you choose not to include inductive charging?.
Aesthetics, mostly; the inductive chargers are a little larger and bulkier and I like the sleek look of the minimalist phone holder. Not much more of a reason than that really. I can always change my mind too; the inductive holders will connect to the same clip mount.

Edit: The wired connection also allows me to access the phone storage by USB
Sponsored

Last edited:

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
Aesthetics, mostly; the inductive chargers are a little larger and bulkier and I like the sleek look of the minimalist phone holder. Not much more of a reason than that really. I can always change my mind too; the inductive holders will connect to the same clip mount.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Please post the part number
Thanks very much for your thoughts.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Today, I installed the ProClip mount with the Qi charger. I tried it on both the passenger and driver sides, and ultimately decided on the driver's side. It was a super easy install. The power is from the 12v outlet in the armrest. The outlet shuts down 30 minutes after the car powers down so no risk of draining the 12v battery.

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200918_130547_resized

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200918_131036_resized

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200918_132716_resized

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200918_132802_resized

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today, I installed the ProClip mount with the Qi charger. I tried it on both the passenger and driver sides, and ultimately decided on the driver's side. It was a super easy install. The power is from the 12v outlet in the armrest. The outlet shuts down 30 minutes after the car powers down so no risk of draining the 12v battery.

20200918_130547_resized.jpg

20200918_131036_resized.jpg

20200918_132716_resized.jpg

20200918_132802_resized.jpg
Thank you for posting the pictures. Why did you decide on the left side vs right? Does it block the view of the lower PCM display from the driver's perspective when mounted on the left?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for posting the pictures. Why did you decide on the left side vs right? Does it block the view of the lower PCM display from the driver's perspective when mounted on the left?
I decided on the driver's side because it was better for my line of sight. I very rarely use my phone in the horizontal position so the potential problem of the phone blocking the PCM display wasn't an issue for me. If you use the phone in the horizontal position, I can see how mounting it on the passenger side might be better (similar to how @LonePalmBJ mounted his phone). The ProClip base plate can be placed higher or lower on the trim piece that frames the PCM display. I did not use any adhesive, so it can be removed if I change my mind. The base is very secure, and the phone cradle can tilt/swivel.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I decided on the driver's side because it was better for my line of sight. I very rarely use my phone in the horizontal position so the potential problem of the phone blocking the PCM display wasn't an issue for me. If you use the phone in the horizontal position, I can see how mounting it on the passenger side might be better (similar to how @LonePalmBJ mounted his phone). The ProClip base plate can be placed higher or lower on the trim piece that frames the PCM display. I did not use any adhesive, so it can be removed if I change my mind. The base is very secure, and the phone cradle can tilt/swivel.
I would only be using the phone in a vertical orientation, too. If it's not too much of an imposition, I'd appreciate it if you would please take a picture of the phone from the drivers line of sight.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would only be using the phone in a vertical orientation, too. If it's not too much of an imposition, I'd appreciate it if you would please take a picture of the phone from the drivers line of sight.
Here is the view from eye level - line of sight. As mentioned before, the base is very easy to switch to the passenger side if you prefer. Today I was running Waze and the JBV1 app for my V1 Gen2 radar detector on the phone. It was pretty easy to read. Most of the buttons on the PCM lower display are still visible.

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200918_235844_resized

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the view from eye level - line of sight. As mentioned before, the base is very easy to switch to the passenger side if you prefer. Today I was running Waze and the JBV1 app for my V1 Gen2 radar detector on the phone. It was pretty easy to read. Most of the buttons on the PCM lower display are still visible.

20200918_235844_resized.jpg
Thank you, for posting the POV picture. It really looks like a terrific product.

Jvierra

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice pad for central recess area. 6.75 x 11.18 inches with raised borders. Fits nicely - including the sloped front area or Length can be trimmed.

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 31D164C0-7BF8-4EDF-974D-0B1C3E1DAF52

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
-Sun shades from HeatShield: #2030 for windshield, #2030T-A for panoramic roof
-Bench seat cover for rear seats PetSafe Happy Ride Quilted Bench Seat Cover in gray
-Porsche All weather mats front and rear in gray P/N 9J1-044-800-20-OU6 ( front ) P/N 9J1-854-499-OU2 ( rear )
-Car cover 5 layers from CarAutoCovers.com
-Cable Matters 4 prong 50 Amp RV extension cord, 15 feet long
-Clear side markers
-CTEK (56-926 ) LITHIUM US 12 Volt fully automatic LiFePO4 battery charger
-Porsche Trunk mat 9J1-044-000-01
-Porsche Frunk floor cover 9J1-044-000-00
-12 v AGM portable Jump Battery/air compressor
-Several USB-C to Lightning charging cables
-Dykeson pet barrier dog car net
-LidLiner for hood ( in development )
Thanks @r553 - great list!

Can you post a pic of the Panoramic Roof sunshade (2030T-A) you mentioned? I could not find a picture on the vendor website.
Also - is it something that can be left on while driving and does it look okay like that?

Our Taycan is on order so I do not yet have personal day-to-day experience with its panoramic roof. But we do have a Tesla Model 3 and while we love its Pano roof their are times when it would be nice to have some kind of cover that would block it. Particularly over the drivers head for long drive when the sun is coming through.

If you have additional details you can share on the Taycan Pano roof sunshade that would be great to hear.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories Sunshield Panoramic roof sunshade in place.JPG

I don't even notice it. Truth in lending: This pic is my sun shield in the dealer's demo Turbo S before my 4S arrived.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I live in Los Angeles. Despite a hot and sunny summer, I had no problems with heat or sun exposure through the panoramic roof and do not see any reason that I would need to have a sun shield.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I live in Los Angeles. Despite a hot and sunny summer, I had no problems with heat or sun exposure through the panoramic roof and do not see any reason that I would need to have a sun shield.
Same experience here in hot and sunny Atlanta. The shade totally ruins the look of the interior. If absolutely necessary, you can have a nano ceramic high IR rejection film installed that will not change the look of the pano roof.
Sponsored