Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
got passenger side included, check again.
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I don't know how is the legislation in the US or other countries, in switzerland if you're caught manipulating your phone while driving (e.g. sending SMS or similar activities) your driving license is gone for at least 1 month (if you're really lucky you'll get only a warning), the only way to avoid that is to keep saying that you were only having a phone call and you'll just get a 100 CHF fine.

I don't need to "manipulate my phone" to use it as a dedicated Waze display.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
Phone calls work great through Bluetooth, and text messages and even emails can be received through the PCM. For these uses the armrest charger works well. Speaking for myself, however, I like to be able to see and access the phone while driving. I have an Android phone and since the car does not offer Android Auto if I want to launch music or an audiobook from my phone, run Waze, use a third-party charging app, etc. , it's helpful to have the phone visible.
To clarify, is your cradle passive or does it have an inductive charger in the base? If so, where does it get its power?

I am also an Android user and want access to my phone. The other issue I have with the arm rest charging cradle is that I always forget to take my phone when leaving the car. Out of sight, out of mind.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
To clarify, is your cradle passive or does it have an inductive charger in the base? If so, where does it get its power?

I am also an Android user and want access to my phone. The other issue I have with the arm rest charging cradle is that I always forget to take my phone when leaving the car. Out of sight, out of mind.
ProClip offers phone cradle options both with and without inductive charging. They all fit into their mounting system. The non-inductive holder options typically provide space for a charging cable to be attached while the phone is being held. As for power, I will probably just run a USB-C cord from the center console to the mount (which I intend to put on the Passenger side of the center console) and tuck away the cable. If I get ambitious I may do what @evanevery did and run a dedicated power line from under the dash tapped off the fusebox.

And even though I've only had the car a week I've already forgotten my phone in the armrest twice :)

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@LonePalmBJ - not only do we live near each other, drive Taycans, we also have the same phone.:like:
How about a social-distance friendly Taycan happy hour somewhere in the ATL in October? In addition to you and me I also know of @bill winfield , @rquinton , @atlaturne, @al092193 and several others are around here. I there's interest I'll start a new thread and let's plan something.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ProClip offers phone cradle options both with and without inductive charging. They all fit into their mounting system. The non-inductive holder options typically provide space for a charging cable to be attached while the phone is being held. As for power, I will probably just run a USB-C cord from the center console to the mount (which I intend to put on the Passenger side of the center console) and tuck away the cable. If I get ambitious I may do what @evanevery did and run a dedicated power line from under the dash tapped off the fusebox.

And even though I've only had the car a week I've already forgotten my phone in the armrest twice :)
Thank you. Please post some pictures of how the cradle and phone are positioned on the center column and where you run the power after you have it set up.

B777

First Name
BP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911SC,Panamera S,Taycan Turbo
Country flag

al092193

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, BMW 335is
Country flag

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I don't know how is the legislation in the US or other countries, in switzerland if you're caught manipulating your phone while driving (e.g. sending SMS or similar activities) your driving license is gone for at least 1 month (if you're really lucky you'll get only a warning), the only way to avoid that is to keep saying that you were only having a phone call and you'll just get a 100 CHF fine.
Well Switzerland is a bit extreme when it comes to traffic fines. I drove 56 in a 50 Zone and got a 150 USD ticket.

atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ISC and Taycan on order
Country flag
How about a social-distance friendly Taycan happy hour somewhere in the ATL in October? In addition to you and me I also know of @bill winfield , @rquinton , @atlaturne, @al092193 and several others are around here. I there's interest I'll start a new thread and let's plan something.
Count me in
Count me in
atlaturne

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. Please post some pictures of how the cradle and phone are positioned on the center column and where you run the power after you have it set up.
Here are some pictures of the ProClip in my Taycan. I mounted it on the passenger side but the clip is reversible and can be connected to either side of the central console. It just clips in; I didn't need to use any adhesives or tape. It's snug and fits well. The phone holder is the specific cradle for my phone and can tilt and rotate. I opted for a holder without inductive charging, so instead I ran a USB-C cable from the armrest. It sits nicely in a groove on the side of the center console and I used three small dabs of hot glue to hold it in place. The glue is like a wax, and will easily peel off with no residue should I choose to remove it.

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200916_000144

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200915_224513
Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200915_224533
Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200915_224749
Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200915_224449

Brent

Last edited:

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here are some pictures of the ProClip in my Taycan. I mounted it on the passenger side but the clip is reversible and can be connected to either side of the central console. It just clips in; I didn't need to use use any adhesives or tape. It's snug and fits well. The phone holder is the specific cradle for my phone and can tilt and rotate. I opted for a holder without inductive charging, so instead I ran a USB-C cable from the armrest. It sits nicely in a groove on the side of the center console and I used three small dabs of hot glue to hold it in place. The glue is like a wax, and will easily peel off with no residue should I choose to remove it.

20200916_000144.jpg

20200915_224513.jpg
20200915_224533.jpg
20200915_224749.jpg
20200915_224449.jpg

Brent
Thank you for posting the pictures. It is a very clean and seemingly well engineered design. Out of curiosity, why did you choose not to include inductive charging?.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Thank you for posting the pictures. It is a very clean and seemingly well engineered design. Out of curiosity, why did you choose not to include inductive charging?.
I will be installing a very similar ProClip install as @LonePalmBJ but with the Qi charger at the end of the week when I am back in town. I was planning to install it on the driver's side (left in US), but after seeing the pics, I might install it on the passenger side since the mount is reversible. I will post pictures.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will be installing a very similar ProClip install as @LonePalmBJ but with the Qi charger at the end of the week when I am back in town. I was planning to install it on the driver's side (left in US), but after seeing the pics, I might install it on the passenger side since the mount is reversible. I will post pictures.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Sponsored