Share your stories of attention

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I had a funny one. I was parking for curbside pickup, and a guy took out his phone and was taking a picture or video, then he asked me to “rev it up.” ? Then I told him the car was an electric car, and he said “Oh really?” He finished taking his video and walked away.
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Parked in a strip-mall and walking to the store I see a middle-aged couple get out of their Macan and the guy looks at my car and says to his wife:

"That's a new Porsche, they make tiny little changes and charge a boatload more for each new model year"

So, as we walked in the same direction, I said to the guy "Yes, that is a new Porsche, but it's got quite a few changes". The guy took another look and asked "...is that an electric car? We had a nice discussion about Porsches and electric cars for some time after that.;)

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
This is one of the reasons I went with Ice Grey. A little understated. Not that green, red, or blue wasn’t tempting …

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
the car gets attention almost every time that I am out. today was funny, my wife and I went to trader joe's and an old woman started in on how beautiful the car was, does my wife like driving the car, how nice is the ride and on and on, my wife walked away and when I caught up she said that the woman can have me and the car.:CWL:

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So far, my daily attention has just been from men and boys. No females as of yet.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
1. About 3 weeks ago I was running errands (groceries, dry-cleaning, exciting stuff) and a guy in a late-model Jetta hung out the window with his iPhone and made a video of me driving for several minutes. It was quite hilarious, watching him contort to get a good angle etc. (he was a passenger).

2. Lots of Hoonigans immediately want to have a pissing match at red lights. Oh, the amusement! :) It's quite interesting to see how far away they are in my rear-view mirror...

3. Lots of thumbs-ups from males, usually gear-heads driving nice AMGs or modded Audi's, etc.

4. One beautiful woman riding her bike almost slammed her bike into a metal pole yelling "Holy Sh*t!!! Look at that awesome car!!!" -- must admit that's been my fave so far. :)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Oh yeah, it's a babe magnet...
I don't think Tesla is a babe magnet.
I once came back from getting groceries and a 25yo with long hair, nice long dress and attractive figure was on her phone at my car.
When I opened the boot she said she loved the car and apparently she was taking pics of my car.
I went home with a big smile and thought about the things I should've said instead of driving away as cool as possible.
I still regret I didn't start a conversation, you'll never know what could've been.... (yes, I'm single).

Another story.
When visiting a friend at a camping site a bunch of young females came to us to tell it was a cool car.
Lovely, isn't it? Lol.

Also:
In my country, at traffic lights there are youngsters with "professional" cameras taking pics of cars and every time I'm approaching they get very excited!
Even running in advance to get the best shot, hilarious!

Also, when shopping, I often find people taking pics with their friends, kids or women in front of the car.
Feels like owning a supercar...
Well, in a sense it is, it's low, it's wide, it's a Porsche and it's white. :)

I often see people on bicycles turn their head and one time that person almost crashed, that was hilarious too! Lol!

All-in-all, it draws A LOT of attention so I'm not complaining.
For me it's just my car but when I look at it I get it why people are blown away by it.

I must admit, sometimes it's a bit too much cuz everyone wants to talk to you.
So when getting my groceries I often take my bicycle...lol!
Yes, I need another car for groceries, defenately.

PS Lovely stories so far guys ! I'm enjoying this!

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
This is scaring me!
Don’t want any attention, more so my missus who will me mortified! ??????
…….but have to admit the idea of young women giving me nice comments does somewhat appeal to me!

Reactions: Dee

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
I know not everyone likes attention with their car, but I do and I thought I’d share some recent stories.

Share yours as well.

The Photoshoot ?

Today, we went to a park. We parked in a parking lot in one area and then walked to a nearby playground out of sight of the car. We came back around 30 minutes later to find someone doing a full on photoshoot with the car. Big camera, laying on the ground, all the angles. Looked like he was originally there to shoot a Birthday party and then wandered off to our car (mid-party).

We just walked to another playground in sight of the car for a while and watched him. This went on for around 10 minutes after we showed up. I don’t know how long he had been there before. I hope he got some good ones.

The Takeout ?

There’s a local Vietnamese restaurant we’ve been frequenting for around 8 years. The first time I took the Taycan there for takeout, the owner saw it and had to come out to look at it. The closest he’s come to walking outside to look at my previous cars was running out to hand me something I left inside when we used to dine indoors pre-Covid.

The Stalker ?

A few weeks ago, my wife took our 6-yr old to a park to play (different park than earlier…we have a lot of parks…). A yellow Charger passing by on the main street suddenly whipped into he parking lot, rolled down his window, and yelled “Nice Car!”

“Thanks,” my wife replied.

“Didn’t you used to have a black one?”

?

My wife’s old car…
AA986600-6C5F-45E5-8391-9DFBF24178AB.jpeg

“Uh…yeah…”, my wife replied.

“Cool, the new one sounds like a spaceship!”

And off he drove.

Our car was parked and off when he remarked on it’s sound…

Dun-dun-dunnnnnn…

That's hilarious! I'm not surprised as the mamba green is definitely a head turning color!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just remembered one. The very first time I drove my car, on the way back from picking it up at the dealer, a guy I passed on the highway was shaking his fist with a thumbs up out the window. He was doing it from the time he first saw me in his rear view mirror. I remember that made me feel good about my purchase. Little did I know how common things like that would become.

TaycanTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
The day after I got it, I got 2. The first one was when I parked it on the street, and a guy stops and says, "Awesome car." We had a short conversation about how it drove so far, etc. Nice fella. Later that day, I was driving it on the Bruckner Expressway leaving NYC, and a guy in a nice looking Beemer pointed at me and gave me a fist pump and a big smile.

Was in the Catskills last month and took my wife to an alpaca farm. A kid who looked about 12 asked me about the car - he was pretty psyched to see it. I told him I would let him drive it, but he's probably too young.
Sponsored