Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I know not everyone likes attention with their car, but I do and I thought I’d share some recent stories.

Share yours as well.

The Photoshoot ?

Today, we went to a park. We parked in a parking lot in one area and then walked to a nearby playground out of sight of the car. We came back around 30 minutes later to find someone doing a full on photoshoot with the car. Big camera, laying on the ground, all the angles. Looked like he was originally there to shoot a Birthday party and then wandered off to our car (mid-party).

We just walked to another playground in sight of the car for a while and watched him. This went on for around 10 minutes after we showed up. I don’t know how long he had been there before. I hope he got some good ones.

The Takeout ?

There’s a local Vietnamese restaurant we’ve been frequenting for around 8 years. The first time I took the Taycan there for takeout, the owner saw it and had to come out to look at it. The closest he’s come to walking outside to look at my previous cars was running out to hand me something I left inside when we used to dine indoors pre-Covid.

The Stalker ?

A few weeks ago, my wife took our 6-yr old to a park to play (different park than earlier…we have a lot of parks…). A yellow Charger passing by on the main street suddenly whipped into he parking lot, rolled down his window, and yelled “Nice Car!”

“Thanks,” my wife replied.

“Didn’t you used to have a black one?”

?

My wife’s old car…
Porsche Taycan Share your stories of attention AA986600-6C5F-45E5-8391-9DFBF24178AB

“Uh…yeah…”, my wife replied.

“Cool, the new one sounds like a spaceship!”

And off he drove.

Our car was parked and off when he remarked on it’s sound…

Dun-dun-dunnnnnn…
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
Several photos taken by strangers.

One lady recorded a video of the car while it was briefly parked at an interstate rest stop.

Lots of thumbs ups and kind comments.

A few inquiries about what I do for a living.

The car garners more attention than I care to have and far more than when I owned my 911 and other vehicles.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
I know not everyone likes attention with their car, but I do and I thought I’d share some recent stories.

Share yours as well.

The Photoshoot ?

Today, we went to a park. We parked in a parking lot in one area and then walked to a nearby playground out of sight of the car. We came back around 30 minutes later to find someone doing a full on photoshoot with the car. Big camera, laying on the ground, all the angles. Looked like he was originally there to shoot a Birthday party and then wandered off to our car (mid-party).

We just walked to another playground in sight of the car for a while and watched him. This went on for around 10 minutes after we showed up. I don’t know how long he had been there before. I hope he got some good ones.

The Takeout ?

There’s a local Vietnamese restaurant we’ve been frequenting for around 8 years. The first time I took the Taycan there for takeout, the owner saw it and had to come out to look at it. The closest he’s come to walking outside to look at my previous cars was running out to hand me something I left inside when we used to dine indoors pre-Covid.

The Stalker ?

A few weeks ago, my wife took our 6-yr old to a park to play (different park than earlier…we have a lot of parks…). A yellow Charger passing by on the main street suddenly whipped into he parking lot, rolled down his window, and yelled “Nice Car!”

“Thanks,” my wife replied.

“Didn’t you used to have a black one?”

?

My wife’s old car…
AA986600-6C5F-45E5-8391-9DFBF24178AB.jpeg

“Uh…yeah…”, my wife replied.

“Cool, the new one sounds like a spaceship!”

And off he drove.

And our car was parked and off when he remarked on it’s sound…

Dun-dun-dunnnnnn…
Not sure about the stalker ?

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure about the stalker ?
Lol, I think it’s probably just someone who just lives in the area. That particular park is on the edge of the subdivision adjacent to ours, so we go there frequently and have been for a long time.

But if we show up in the news chopped to pieces…look for a yellow Charger. ?

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
The Car Park
I saw a young lad who looked like a teenager with his dad as I was leaving a car park. As I got in my car and drove around the corner I saw him again, this time he was crouched on the flow shooting a video as I drove off!

The Hotel
Sir, anytime you wish to stay, call me and I will reserve a private parking space for you. I know when you call they will say all spaces are taken, but ask for me and I will have a space for you!

The Decorator (jaw almost dropped, along with his paint can and brush!):
Wow! What a car. You must be doing something right!

I would say that on average I have around two comments each day, far more than any other car that I have owned.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Happens all the time. People that I would never expect to know, ask me “it’s fully electric, right?”

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Happens all the time. People that I would never expect to know, ask me “it’s fully electric, right?”
I was at the Newport Auto Museum (nice Porsche exhibit!) and an employee came out and took pix of MY Porsche Taycan!..kinda cool

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was at the Newport Auto Museum (nice Porsche exhibit!) and an employee came out and took pix of MY Porsche Taycan!..kinda cool
You’re the exhibit now!

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Complimentary Valet Service

The owner of a restaurant we frequent insists that we take him up on his free personal valet parking service for my Taycan.

Take out Attention

Practically the whole staff, including some of the chefs from a Napa Michelin-starred restaurant, took turns coming out only to surreptitiously do a walk-around glance at the Taycan while I was waiting in the car for a take-out order while viewing them from the rear and side mirrors. Makes me wonder if that was the cause for the delay in my order.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Complimentary Valet Service

The owner of a restaurant we frequent insists that we take him up on his free personal valet parking service for my Taycan.

Take out Attention

Practically the whole staff, including some of the chefs from a Napa Michelin-starred restaurant, took turns coming out only to surreptitiously do a walk-around glance at the Taycan while I was waiting in the car for a take-out order while viewing them from the rear and side mirrors. Makes me wonder if that was the cause for the delay in my order.
Does it get more attention than the i8?

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Charged at one of the electrify america installations at the Harley Davidson dealership (guess Harley has an EV bike coming out), and the guys from the shop came out to check the car. Was the first Taycan they had seen.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I once got pulled over for no front license plate, and the cop admitted he mostly pulled me over to talk about the car.

And comments and questions most every day. None on the Macan loaner I’ve had for the last 3 weeks my Taycan has been in the shop for the stupid software update though!

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I once got pulled over for no front license plate, and the cop admitted he mostly pulled me over to talk about the car.

And comments and questions most every day. None on the Macan loaner I’ve had for the last 3 weeks my Taycan has been in the shop for the stupid software update though!
Did he let you off with the front plate or did you need to do a fix it ticket?

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Does it get more attention than the i8?
Although it continues to garner attention, it's nowhere near the level of the Taycan's. Sadly, the same restaurant owner hasn't offered the free and personal valet service for the i8, which actually may be a good thing. :whew:

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Look-Behind ?

Ha, another weird one today. An older 1970s Jeep Gladiator merged in front of us and turned around to stare at us in a really obvious way.

How obvious?

He opened his door, stuck his head out, and stared back at us.

On the highway.

I’ve never tried opening a door on the highway like that. I would imagine it would be quite difficult. I don’t remember our speed. It may not have been extremely fast. But still. The road’s in front of you dude…
Sponsored