lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Hi all. I would love to get some opinions on my current (I.e. today) situation. I am UK based btw.

I have a 4s on order with delivery estimated to be later part of July, subject to no more delays.

I have the lucky opportunity to purchase a turbo which is available immediately. No miles. Unregistered from a UK dealer. White with vegan interior. Solid roof. Nice extras with burmester, massage, night view, yellow ceramics etc etc.

My thoughts are that I can buy this car, and then sell on when my 4s is ready. Or keep it if I fall in love and then either sell or cancel the 4s.

I know it is all subjective and a personal situation thing, and that I may seem very impatient! But it would be nice to have some opinions on whether you think I will lose much ( if at all ) by using for 2 months and then selling, or even reselling straight away for a profit, if demand is high for a physical car.

Thank you all.

Ps - photo not of actual car. ....

Porsche Taycan Short term purchase. Resale. AABD1CED-ED8A-424B-AF8B-B3710CAB4568
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi all. I would love to get some opinions on my current (I.e. today) situation. I am UK based btw.

I have a 4s on order with delivery estimated to be later part of July, subject to no more delays.

I have the lucky opportunity to purchase a turbo which is available immediately. No miles. Unregistered from a UK dealer. White with vegan interior. Solid roof. Nice extras with burmester, massage, night view, yellow ceramics etc etc.

My thoughts are that I can buy this car, and then sell on when my 4s is ready. Or keep it if I fall in love and then either sell or cancel the 4s.

I know it is all subjective and a personal situation thing, and that I may seem very impatient! But it would be nice to have some opinions on whether you think I will lose much ( if at all ) by using for 2 months and then selling, or even reselling straight away for a profit, if demand is high for a physical car.

Thank you all.

AABD1CED-ED8A-424B-AF8B-B3710CAB4568.jpeg
I would wait for the car you spec'd and not have to deal with cancelling, selling, etc and this way you get the car you wanted originally. Timing is irrelevant at this point as I've been waiting forever like everyone else but have MY turbo being built now with July delivery. Good luck.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Thank you all.

Buying the turbo and cancelling your 4S order sounds reasonable. Or not buying the turbo and waiting for the 4S. Any option that involves you selling either car doesn't sound like a great plan. I'd think you'd take a hit selling either, but I could be wrong. To me it comes down to whether or not you're willing to pay a premium to get a car now (I'm assuming the turbo is more expensive than the 4S), and whether or not you prefer the turbo over the 4S.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Thank you all.

First of all you are extremely lucky to get ta chance to buy a turbo ASAP as most of us have been waiting 6 - 12 months and still have no production date. As others have said, resale of 99% of brand new cars = lose in money. Do not buy thinking you can make cash personally, and christ if my 4s was due in July i'd be well happy!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I have been on the phone to a few dealers of the past couple of days and there are a few Turbo's available (I found 5 out of which 3 are now sold).

I called around as I was thinking of getting a Turbo instead of my 4S as LFCdan told me that on a PCP the residuals are better. This was indeed correct however, all the cars I found were spec'd up to nearly Turbo S money and as such over £400-500 a month more than I would pay for the 4S that is arriving soon.

The 4S I have spec'd myself with all the bits possible that I could have wanted so for me the Turbo did not make sense as to get the bits I really wanted pushes the price out way too far.

Anyway, in answer to your question I don't think you will be able to sell the car on that easily. I have a good few friends who have a Taycan on order in the UK and all of these buyers are buying the car for tax purposes through their own LTD companies.

The tax incentives are only available on a new car and not a used car and therefore I feel that the second hand values of the Taycan will not be very strong.

I may be wrong, but logic seems to say this will be the case for the UK at least.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just subjective but:

I think it is highly unlikely you will resell your car for a profit or not at the usual loss suffered in drive-off of any luxury car. Is it possible? Yes. But if you had the skill set for car flipping, you wouldn’t need to ask us :). For most folks, that’s just not how it works.

If you are so wealthy that you won’t miss tens of thousands of dollars, then I say indulge yourself! Buy the one now and sell it when the other comes in.

But expect to be providing a generous personal stimulus package to the economy.

OP
OP
lucan6699

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Thanks for all the input, i think i have decided to wait for my 4s. Thanks again

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Really?
I have been on the phone to a few dealers of the past couple of days and there are a few Turbo's available (I found 5 out of which 3 are now sold).

I called around as I was thinking of getting a Turbo instead of my 4S as LFCdan told me that on a PCP the residuals are better. This was indeed correct however, all the cars I found were spec'd up to nearly Turbo S money and as such over £400-500 a month more than I would pay for the 4S that is arriving soon.

The 4S I have spec'd myself with all the bits possible that I could have wanted so for me the Turbo did not make sense as to get the bits I really wanted pushes the price out way too far.

Anyway, in answer to your question I don't think you will be able to sell the car on that easily. I have a good few friends who have a Taycan on order in the UK and all of these buyers are buying the car for tax purposes through their own LTD companies.

The tax incentives are only available on a new car and not a used car and therefore I feel that the second hand values of the Taycan will not be very strong.

I may be wrong, but logic seems to say this will be the case for the UK at least.
Really? I have tried Cardiff, Exeter, Silverstone and they have none Available ? You must be lucky! I even have orders with Cardiff and Exeter... Are you able to say which dealerships? I Also called Solihill

Last edited:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Hatfield have one. PM me if interested (but it’s £150k)!

West London had one sold this morning lovely spec £135k

Leicester had one yesterday maybe available not sure (Around £140k)

East London have one but may use it as a demo if not sold.

Reading had but sold now I hear.

Swindon also had a very high spec car available.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Not many 4S seem to have been cancelled which is strange. More Turbo’s and all around London area!

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hatfield have one. PM me if interested (but it’s £150k)!

West London had one sold this morning lovely spec £135k

Leicester had one yesterday maybe available not sure (Around £140k)

East London have one but may use it as a demo if not sold.

Reading had but sold now I hear.

Swindon also had a very high spec car available.
cant pm you mate

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SLS
Country flag
In the US, Ive seen quite a few cars available from dealers.
Sponsored