Should I paint the wheel arches

• Total voters

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I am ordering a CT 4. I want a light color and Dolomite is my favorite. However I am not 100% convinced about the matte black wheel arches on a light car, and my wife doesn’t like them.

My dealer can order the gloss black ones and paint them.

Tried to do some photo shopping, I think the body shop can do a better job. This is not my car but I chose the same wheels with Vesuvius inlays.

Porsche Taycan Should I paint the wheel arches on my CT 4 1753F86A-AF31-4813-9219-D356DF5D0AF2

Porsche Taycan Should I paint the wheel arches on my CT 4 E9345DBF-D783-493A-9567-CE85AECEEC76

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Rather than vote for what you should choose, here's my journey to my own choice:

Initially I hated the idea of the arch cladding (especially as I'd been able to option it out on my current Cayenne). Then I saw it in real life, and I thought it didn't look too bad, but still wan't to get rid of it. Then I started mocking up images from the configurator (this was before the ST appeared), and discovered that I actually prefer it WITH- at least on a lighter body colour such as my order. From that, and now having seen the ST, I like the illusion of larger arches, on what seen side-on is otherwise a large expanse of metal that to my eyes looks a bit ponderous. I realise that the illusion is more convincing on a rendered image than in real life, but even so, I'm struggling to be bothered about it enough to have the hassle of getting them painted (matt or gloss black).

I'm not expecting a build for at least another 6 months (or significantly longer if I can force myself to wait for a Turbo), so there's plenty of time for me to change my mind again :)

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Rather than vote for what you should choose, here's my journey to my own choice:

Initially I hated the idea of the arch cladding (especially as I'd been able to option it out on my current Cayenne). Then I saw it in real life, and I thought it didn't look too bad, but still wan't to get rid of it. Then I started mocking up images from the configurator (this was before the ST appeared), and discovered that I actually prefer it WITH- at least on a lighter body colour such as my order. From that, and now having seen the ST, I like the illusion of larger arches, on what seen side-on is otherwise a large expanse of metal that to my eyes looks a bit ponderous. I realise that the illusion is more convincing on a rendered image than in real life, but even so, I'm struggling to be bothered about it enough to have the hassle of getting them painted (matt or gloss black).

I'm not expecting a build for at least another 6 months (or significantly longer if I can force myself to wait for a Turbo), so there's plenty of time for me to change my mind again :)
That is similar to my thoughts.
If you want them gloss black you can just order the ones from the turbo S and don’t need to paint them. I also thought of that but I don’t know if that is considered like putting a Turbo S logo on a lower powered car.

I think for a light color the CT wheel arches (painted or not) do look better than the ST ones for the reason you mentioned.

Last edited:

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
I am ordering a CT 4. I want a light color and Dolomite is my favorite. However I am not 100% convinced about the matte black wheel arches on a light car, and my wife doesn’t like them.

Tried to do some photo shopping, I think the body shop can do a better job. This is not my car but I chose the same wheels but with Vesuvius inlays.

1753F86A-AF31-4813-9219-D356DF5D0AF2.jpeg

E9345DBF-D783-493A-9567-CE85AECEEC76.jpeg
I have Ice Grey CT4 with Turbo Aero wheels and I would not paint or take glossy arches either. Regular ones suite so well.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have Ice Grey CT4 with Turbo Aero wheels and I would not paint or take glossy arches either. Regular ones suite so well.
Thanks.
I am going to do what the dealer said. Wait until I see it and decide then. Just saw a Volcano grey CT. The plastic parts IRL are less pronounced than on the configurator.

FredG

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hi I voted no to your poll. I just took delivery of a white + off road package CT4 and really like the contrast of the wheel arches in black against the car.

I have a deposit against an allocation for a Sport Turismo when they become available but I will have to think hard about making the change when the time comes because I really do like the contrast.

good luck with your decision,

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hi I voted no to your poll. I just took delivery of a white + off road package CT4 and really like the contrast of the wheel arches in black against the car.

I have a deposit against an allocation for a Sport Turismo when they become available but I will have to think hard about making the change when the time comes because I really do like the contrast.

good luck with your decision,
Thanks ! I might just keep it like this and I can still change it afterwards.

I really liked the comfort of the CT I tested an RWD with AS and it was less comfortable. I think the ST will deel the same.

FredG

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Thanks ! I might just keep it like this and I can still change it afterwards.

I really liked the comfort of the CT I tested an RWD with AS and it was less comfortable. I think the ST will deel the same.
Agreed, I am also enjoying the way the suspension is compliant in normal mode; no need to have a super stiff suspension driving over uneven surfaces going to work in the morning. This is where having the sport chrono and being able to select individual setting shines: I have mine set for normal chassis along with sport for the drive mode and love this combination.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

Tried to do some photo shopping, I think the body shop can do a better job. This is not my car but I chose the same wheels but with Vesuvius inlays.
You may already be aware but there are a number of threads here on this topic with examples of fully painted arches - started one myself back in July and loaded my amateur renders of my build in Volcano Grey - my take is that I am actually liking the definition of the painted arches over the 'smooth' sedan wheel arch as in the GTS etc - I think it adds distinction from the sedan which I really appreciate but of course pers. opinion.

Here is my original tread with images:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/my-cross-turismo-4s-sport-painted-arches.5954/

And here is abelgain forum member who was perhaps one if not the first to have this painted:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/here-she-is.6169/

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
You may already be aware but there are a number of threads here on this topic with examples of fully painted arches - started one myself back in July and loaded my amateur renders of my build in Volcano Grey - my take is that I am actually liking the definition of the painted arches over the 'smooth' sedan wheel arch as in the GTS etc - I think it adds distinction from the sedan which I really appreciate but of course pers. opinion.

Here is my original tread with images:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/my-cross-turismo-4s-sport-painted-arches.5954/

And here is abelgain forum member who was perhaps one if not the first to have this painted:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/here-she-is.6169/
Thanks. I saw those. The Belgian one is black, that makes the car look different. There is another red one on the Belgian FB page. And the dealer had a Crayon one with painted arches.

One thing I saw is that on the configurator parking assistants with surround view adds a parking sensor in the front wheel arch. Two different parts with and without? I hope it is possible to paint this sensor.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thanks. I saw those. The Belgian one is black, that makes the car look different. There is another red one on the Belgian FB page. And the dealer had a Crayon one with painted arches.

One thing I saw is that on the configurator parking assistants with surround view adds a parking sensor in the front wheel arch. Two different parts with and without? I hope it is possible to paint this sensor.
Should be able to mask these but if painted presumably can repaint and still protect sensor but not 100% sure TBH - need to see them

Neils XT

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo(VolcanoGrey) Mini Cooper S
Country flag
I went for the Volcano with grey spoilers so the cladding didn't stand out too much and I think it works.
Although my brother has just picked up his Ice silver CT and that still looks great.
Bit dirty on my pic. I will put a better pic on when the weather improves.
Sponsored