Should I trade in my Taycan 4S for an Aston Martin Vantage? (pics)

Deleted member 6348

This! I was in the same position a couple of years ago; coming out of an i8 lease and was intrigued by the deals I had seen on the Vantage. I like the car from the side and rear view but the front end reminded me of a Miata. I was also a bit apprehensive about the lack of CarPlay availability which I’ve always found quite useful. I really wanted a DB11…. still do… but alas the pricing was too difficult to justify.

i like my Taycan, don’t love it as I find the wonky software a bit frustrating at times and the phone app to be annoyingly slow. I have an Emira on order since before I received my Taycan with the hope that the Lotus will satisfy my need for a fun weekend car.
Emira is a nice pairing with the Taycan. My weekend car is an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider.
Sponsored

Reactions: vdr

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I never said it was the RIGHT side, it's the LEFT. I don't get the confusion
Think of it like the “West Coast” “Best Coast”joke . . .

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ferrari are for celebrities. Real cars are German. And I am Italian!

Porsche. There is no substitute.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I have owned three Aston Martins. Two Vantage V8s, and most recently the DB-11 V12. Astons are awesome cars, but totally different than the ten Porsches that I have owned over the years. My Porsches are rock solid, German engineered cars. Astons are like custom Saville Row suits. Other than the dash in the new Aston models (the prior generation was much more bespoke looking), the hand craftsmanship in Astons are at a different level. I traded in a Vantage and bought the DB-11 less than a year before my Taycan arrived because I wanted to own a 12 cylinder car before they became extinct. Once I got my Taycan, the Aston spent more and more weekends in the garage because the Taycan was addictive to drive (EV instant torque, handling), and the Mamba Green still puts a smile on my face. I sold the DB-11 6 months after I got the Taycan. Recently, I started to look at the Vantage again mainly because I would like to get a car with a stick shift before those also disappear. It would be in addition to the Taycan not a replacement. However, with the crazy car market, it doesn't make sense to pay what people are asking for the very limited number of current model Vantages with a stick.

I am interested in the new Maserati Granturismo Folgore EV which is a complete mindset shift for someone who has owned three Maseratis because of their crazy exhaust sound, and now will take an EV over the sound all because of the Taycan.
Sponsored