Should I trade in my Taycan 4S for an Aston Martin Vantage? (pics)

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
No way.
if i’d get it for free, i’d sell it and buy (another) Taycan :angel:
If someone would either give me a Vantage or a Taycan, my initial reaction would be of course I would choose the Vantage. But if I start thinking about it more, the Taycan is so much more practical.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I always do this. I have a dream and even though the dream is within my grasp I end up going with something else. Why did you change your mind?
I hope your wife/partner doesn't read this Taycan forum...

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
When i bought my 911 (997 when they first came out), I spent my commutes into the city in my lovely new car being envious of everyone who had a DB9. After 2 years I made the switch into a nearly new manual DB9. Loved it. 911 probably better car, but every time i pressed the start button it made me smile. Kept it for a good while until dog and child meant it was Panamera Turbo time. That was brilliant too, but of all the cars I wish i had kept on to in perpetuity it is the AM. So I'd say have an AM if you always wanted one. And yes they can be temperamental sometime, but let's face it, most of the posts on here are about things going wrong!

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When i bought my 911 (997 when they first came out), I spent my commutes into the city in my lovely new car being envious of everyone who had a DB9. After 2 years I made the switch into a nearly new manual DB9. Loved it. 911 probably better car, but every time i pressed the start button it made me smile. Kept it for a good while until dog and child meant it was Panamera Turbo time. That was brilliant too, but of all the cars I wish i had kept on to in perpetuity it is the AM. So I'd say have an AM if you always wanted one. And yes they can be temperamental sometime, but let's face it, most of the posts on here are about things going wrong!
Thanks for this. I guess I won't know unless I try. So I pulled the trigger.

It was nice knowing you all. Even the guy that dressed up as a horse.

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does EV vs ICE come into your analysis?
Yes, but it's a wash.
Charging at home it more convenient. But not when you're ready to leave and the charger's red and you realize it overheated and stopped charging.
Being more energy efficient is good for the Earth. But I barely put any mileage on so I won't make up the initial impact from making the battery.
Instant torque is useful... but the high end on ICE is better.
Being able to idle without idling is great... except EVs seem to not be able to manage their 12V battery correctly and like to run them down (so you have to jump the hood to release it and then jump the car... ask me how I know).

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Sure, getting cars like the AM Vantage will be more difficult to obtain with the gradual phasing out of ICE cars and cars like the Taycan will only be more common. Go make the switch and enjoy one of the last hurrahs for ICE performance cars before they go. 👍🏼

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure, getting cars like the AM Vantage will be more difficult to obtain with the gradual phasing out of ICE cars and cars like the Taycan will only be more common. Go make the switch and enjoy one of the last hurrahs for ICE performance cars before they go. 👍🏼
You reminded me of the other reason - if I decide to come back to Taycan it will probably be the refreshed version which I'm guessing/hoping will have big battery improvements.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
also, ICE cars will be banned in Europe by the year 2035, in some countries even before, while i don’t know for “State of Confusion” :angel:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I love my car but the AM will scratch my childhood itch to be James Bond (not a very good reason I know). On the street the Taycan feels faster. If it were one of the manual Vantages I would get it in a heartbeat, but I couldn't find one of those in a spec I liked. What do?
DO IT!

There is something special everytime you fire up an Aston! It is not the best car to drive, but there is a special special feeling everytime you take an Aston for a drive.
Sponsored