JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Sorry, but a lot of this doesn’t make sense. Porsche has no interest to favor Taycan sales over the Macan’s - if anything, the games with restricting allocations and price increases point towards pushing the former to be a more exclusive model, whereas the latter is and remains the brand’s bestseller.

Put differently: the success of the Macan is far more important, as a high volume seller. Timing the Taycan facelift to preempt the launch the (already late) Macan is nonsensical, and would have a double impact: a) they’re struggling to complete and deliver Taycans (a 30k unit/year model) so more demand for it is unwanted pressure, and b) the 60-80k unit/year Macan needs all the splash/attention as it goes full BEV so as not to drop too many sales.
Exclusive models don’t look that exclusive when they perform significantly worse or have out of date tech. It has nothing to do with volume.
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The "facelift" will be MY25. That's more than given. Europe/USA/Asia all updated prices and specs. MY24 is basically a move to make the Taycan more exclusive and limit its production (while making a cash grab). Cayenne and Macan are the models that make Porsche profitable and keep them healthy. They will get all the love in the next couple of years. This means there's no way MY24 is a facelift.

My personal opinion is that not even My25 can be 100% confirmed as a facelift because Porsche has too many things to do before (911 facelift, Macan EV, Cayenne, Cayman/Boxter EV).

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
For the impatient ... compared to a year ago, there are many new Taycans for sale by Porsche dealers in California (and probably elsewhere in the U.S.). Woodland Hills Porsche (near LA) seems to specialize in Taycans (that's where I bought my '21, new at the time). Tip: Pin down their asking price by phone before going into the dealership ... might save you a lot.

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
1. No facelift for MY24, it’s already published in the configurator in most regions. Only a 5K€++ price increase.
2. The current Taycan is by far not outdated. I switched from i4 M50 and prior to that from 2022 M3 Performance - both very efficient, very fast (acceleration, DC charging) cars - and Taycan destroys both of them hands down. 270kw charging (even got it at 5c with no real preheat) and efficiency close to that of i4 M50 makes the car a road trip monster (at least on 20” wheels).
3. Most quirks have been worked out in the current MY (charging speed & stability, handshake speed, heater issues, infotainment speed & responsiveness etc) - why risk it with refresh?
4. Refresh headlights look bad (unless they change them again)
5. 492km range in real life is same range as on i4 or M3P, by that I mean effective range at highway speeds of 130kmh and above sustained

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I’ve been told by my dealer to expect a facelift with details in July. What you‘re referring to is some rolling price increases across the range, not tied to MY necessarily. And they did not apply to NZ either.

The fact there were zero changes tell me this is not the MY2024 spec at all.

Put it this way, if they don’t refresh some aspects of the Taycan, expect sales to continue to fall, not just as a result of “supply chain shortages” or quality issues. It will be upstaged by the Macan in many areas - this will not be acceptable to buyers.
Well time will tell, but if there is no facelift I won’t buy. The facelift has been in testing for a while, we’re seeing the Cayenne facelift with dramatically faster and improved infotainment. Checking with my dealer and the facelift is still expected by the end of this calendar year.

They’ll need to include the improved infotainment from the Macan, and updated drivetrain and battery efficiency or the Taycan will stand out as a bad performer. Porsche know this and the timing of the facelift before the Macan has it‘s big launch is no accident. The cosmetic changes will be minor, I agree, but that is not the big story with the facelift we expect to see.

Again, time will tell, but if they don’t do the facelift later this year sales will drop off a cliff as people see how poorly the Taycan compares to the Macan.

I understand you might not want to see a facelift if you’ve recently purchased, or have a Taycan on the way, but that’s not how Porsche work — they want to sell cars and the EV space moves faster than the old combustion world.
Incorrect. Price increases correspond to MY24. As you can see, minimal changes, august 2023 phase in. NO facelift. Been discussed ad nauseam. email sent directly from porsche corporate to dealers.

Here you go. MY24 changes. Which isn't much. Besides the price increase.

Screenshot 2023-04-09 112624.png

Last edited:

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s info from March, and normal comms in order to not dent sales. I might be wrong, but multiple sources are expecting some changes. You seem very defensive. Let’s leave it there and check back in later on in the year and see who is right.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
That’s info from March, and normal comms in order to not dent sales. I might be wrong, but multiple sources are expecting some changes. You seem very defensive. Let’s leave it there and check back in later on in the year and see who is right.
All the available evidence to date suggests that you are wrong. But we will see!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
What multiple sources? Can you provide specifics?

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What multiple sources? Can you provide specifics?
Do a quick Google search for “Taycan facelift” for this year and analyse all the reports. Nearly all corroborate expected release before the end of the year based on advanced levels of final road testing.

Again, I might be proven wrong, but “MY2024” pricing isn’t any kind of confirmation that we are not going to get a facelift by year end. There are plenty of examples in the industry of facelifts occurring out of sync with traditional model year changeover.

We’ll probably see some new and exciting colours introduced with the facelift, too.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Do a quick Google search for “Taycan facelift” for this year and analyse all the reports. Nearly all corroborate expected release before the end of the year based on advanced levels of final road testing.

Again, I might be proven wrong, but “MY2024” pricing isn’t any kind of confirmation that we are not going to get a facelift by year end. There are plenty of examples in the industry of facelifts occurring out of sync with traditional model year changeover.

We’ll probably see some new and exciting colours introduced with the facelift, too.
So your theory is that no MY24's will not be produced until the facelift is announced some time towards the end of the year (so production of MY24 starting next year)? Long vacation for Zuffenhausen factory workers I guess, given MY23's are finishing production very soon (no more MY23 allocations left).

You still didn't provide any credible sources of who is expecting the refresh to happen for MY24. "Google it" is not a credible source. I get YOU are one of those sources expecting the refresh, but you have zero credibility predicting refresh. Given the guidance Porsche issued to dealers, it is extremely unlikely Porsche will shut down their Taycan factory for 6+ months and then announce a different MY24 than currently in the configurator.

All that said, given what you said:
if there is no facelift I won’t buy.
I guess you will not be buying a Taycan any time soon. Everyone makes their own choices of course, personally I waited 20 months to get mine, would not voluntarily postpone another year. Life is too short. If I want the refresh in MY25 or later, I will get on it then, but at least I will have my MY23 to drive while I wait.

PS> Out of curiosity, what would convince you that there is no refresh? Would the very first MY24 delivered with no changes do it, or is you theory that there will be a refresh mid MY24, so there will be a MY24 and MY24.5?

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Look, I get it, you don’t expect a facelift. All good!

It’s my dealer that is the main source for the facelift, direct quote from his email:

“Hi Jono,

I hope you had a nice holiday!

I have just been over to Porsche and ran your questions past the team. Here are the answers:

• There is a facelift due mid 2024. Production is due to start in December 2023 for the demonstrators followed by customer orders. ETA for first orders is Qtr 2 2024 but is subject to change. What we can do is put your order through but flag it for production when the facelift is released. We will then be notified if there are any changes to the options in the facelift and changes can be made
  • Definitely no Sport Turismo – word from Porsche NZ
  • We are looking to trade a 2022 Taycan 4S shortly in Ice Grey Metallic – they will let me know when that car is here so you can come have a look
  • We will get a notification that the build date is coming up and at that point you have about 5 weeks to make changes. After the date is passed, no changes can be made.
….”

A Google search with some date filters is not hard to do if you’re curious.

I’m very happy to be proven wrong, I’m not one of these sources, just working off what I have researched and been told by Porsche NZ. The timing for this facelift makes sense to me given that an all new Taycan is due in 2026/27, and if the midlife refresh isn’t around now or in 2024 then when will it happen?

I will admit to being hopeful for a facelift but if it doesn’t happen then I’ll consider my options or maybe move onto something else. We’ve just taken delivery of an iX M60 and loving that so I am happy to wait for a bit.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
  • There is a facelift due mid 2024. Production is due to start in December 2023 for the demonstrators followed by customer orders. ETA for first orders is Qtr 2 2024 but is subject to change. What we can do is put your order through but flag it for production when the facelift is released. We will then be notified if there are any changes to the options in the facelift and changes can be...
Your dealer is saying EXACTLY the same as we all are... You're confusing MY24 with 2024

Your SA is telling you he's expecting the Facelift in 2024 which is MY25!

Porsche model Year scheme changes in June/July of each year, not in January.

MY20 = June 2019 until June 2020
MY21 = June 2020 until June 2021
MY25 = June 2024 until June 2025

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your dealer is saying EXACTLY the same as we all are... You're confusing MY24 with 2024

Your SA is telling you he's expecting the Facelift in 2024 which is MY25!

Porsche model Year scheme changes in June/July of each year, not in January.

MY20 = June 2019 until June 2020
MY21 = June 2020 until June 2021
MY25 = June 2024 until June 2025
Read it again, he is not saying that at all. SOP late 2023, demonstrators around then or very early 2024, customer deliveries 2nd quarter 2024.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Read it again, he is not saying that at all. SOP late 2023, demonstrators around then or very early 2024, customer deliveries 2nd quarter 2024.
I don't think there's a point in discussing this further. If you believe that Porsche will change its MY naming cycle together with a mid MY24 Facelift... Good luck.

Your dealer wrote, and I quote:

There is a facelift due mid 2024

Your dealer covered himself with "subject to change". So in the end the Facelift will be announced in May 2024 and first deliveries will be (as always) around 3rd or 4th quarter of 2024 with a MY25. Exactly how we all told you so... But you will still insist that you and your SA were right but there were "unforseen" delays.

Have it your way. It's your money and your time. Heck, if you want to wait a year for a Facelift, you can wait an extra year (according to you) and get the Taycan 2.0 in 2026?

I don't see a point in trying to argue about release times and Facelifts. We gave you our opinion, you have yours. So be it.
Sponsored