Should tyre pressure be checked when cold?

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Should i be checking tyre pressure when cold or only when the tyres warm up? The sticker on my door says it should be 2.8 all round at 20 degrees. What does that mean?.
Sponsored

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Allways check pressures when the tyres are cold (that is before you drive).

The door sticker will show cold tyre pressures, normalised for 20C ambient temperature.

There will be a slight variation in pressure for different ambient temps - for a road car in moderate climates like ours, you can safely take the pressure noted without worrying about having to compensate for the ambient temp. Anyway it’s about 20C in the UK now. So you’re all good 👍

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Should i be checking tyre pressure when cold or only when the tyres warm up? The sticker on my door says it should be 2.8 all round at 20 degrees. What does that mean?.
Note also that the sticker / plate refers to the wheel size / tyre combo when your car was manufactured. If the wheels are now different then these pressure settings could be different.

Ensure also that the wheel settings in PCM correspond to what is physically attached to the car.

If you are the first owner and have made no changes then everything should be set correctly and correspond to the door plate. If you plan to add winter wheels then follow the procedure to update your PCM wheel settings so that the TPMS re-learns the correct tyre pressures to monitor.
Sponsored