MrPink_HUN

First Name
Imi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S 2022
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 4570E6A6-EAB6-4BBC-8C89-CFAC2C2C0DAB

My Setup:
22kW Wall Charger Connect with Loxone
Sponsored

bluegrassvroom

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes, you’ve installed the standard Porsche Mobile Charger + (PMC+) inside a cabinet designed for the upgraded Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC), which has the fancy touchscreen. The PMCC is larger and would fit flush inside your cabinet (which is version 3). You’ve got 3 options:

1. Leave as is
2. Replace cabinet (you need version 2 w/ smaller aperture)
3. Upgrade to the larger touchscreen version

Refer to Suncoast for the different options:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUHYBSHELF.html
Thanks. I've got a feeling not with the Porsche tax on ANY of the replacement options. Especially since this functions

i bet there's a way to add some sort of spacer on the clips holding the charger to the dock - have them project out 1.5" from where they currently are - i might work on it today and send any solution out with pictures

when you look at surface area - they're very close to the same size (the hole in the door for the PMC+ and the size of the PMCC) - there might be a 1/4" gap along the perimeter of the PMCC and the hole if i do bring it flush - BUT THIS SHOULD ONLY HELP WITH THE OVERHEATING ISSUES some people experience (i also installed the "spacer" between the hanging plate and the wall to allow the 1" air gap at the top and bottom of the unit for this reason)

will keep ya'll informed

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan IMG_2105

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan IMG_2106

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan IMG_2107

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan IMG_2108

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
(FYI: I'm in California) I finally finished a home charger set up. It took a while to plan it all out. The primary challenge was to find a good location, and then the path for the new cable, and then to pull it though. I didn't want to hire an electrician, since I wanted it be done exactly right with my own materials, hence I also took some time to learn the requirements and just do it myself at a comfortable pace.

Equipment:
Total ~ $600 + sales tax. I also had to buy long drill bits and used a bunch of my own tools, like wired and wireless drills, drywall saws, hammer, screwdrivers, cutters, plyers, and so on.

Here is the final result:

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 1

As you can see, the NEMA 14-50 outlet has its ground pin to the right, which is the most optimal for this location, and it's totally ok with the code, which doesn't actually specify the outlet orientation.

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 2

The cable is long enough to reach the car parked in garage, OR outside.

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 3

This is how the main panel looks like (with cover off). You can see the green/red/white/black wires coming in the lower left, connected to the 50A breaker at the top. The panel is mostly empty, because most circuits have been moved to a sub panel (partial home backup).

At 100% selected on the charger, I'm getting 8.4 kW - which is a bit lower than I expected (>9 kW) -- does anyone know why?

Hope this info is useful to someone. Thanks.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
(FYI: I'm in California) I finally finished a home charger set up. It took a while to plan it all out. The primary challenge was to find a good location, and then the path for the new cable, and then to pull it though. I didn't want to hire an electrician, since I wanted it be done exactly right with my own materials, hence I also took some time to learn the requirements and just do it myself at a comfortable pace.

Equipment:
Total ~ $600 + sales tax. I also had to buy long drill bits and used a bunch of my own tools, like wired and wireless drills, drywall saws, hammer, screwdrivers, cutters, plyers, and so on.

Here is the final result:

1.jpg

As you can see, the NEMA 14-50 outlet has its ground pin to the right, which is the most optimal for this location, and it's totally ok with the code, which doesn't actually specify the outlet orientation.

2.jpg

The cable is long enough to reach the car parked in garage, OR outside.

3.jpg

This is how the main panel looks like (with cover off). You can see the green/red/white/black wires coming in the lower left, connected to the 50A breaker at the top. The panel is mostly empty, because most circuits have been moved to a sub panel (partial home backup).

At 100% selected on the charger, I'm getting 8.4 kW - which is a bit lower than I expected (>9 kW) -- does anyone know why?

Hope this info is useful to someone. Thanks.
Nice job!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I have a hardwired 60amp WiFi connected ChargePoint Flex center mounted at back of garage - gives ca 10.5 amps to the car when charging. Have an additional NEMA 14-50 to the right (second pic), both connected to dedicated wall panel for garage, as we will be getting the new Mini electric once it arrives hopefully next year. The black rectangle to right of the ChargePoint EVSE is a WiFi connected TempStick (excellent product - check them out!) which is an extremely accurate temp-humidity gauge. Currently mount the ChargePoint's plug to left of my CT (not as cluttered as this view suggests) for simple connect when I park there.

Finally the Bendpak lift is a 2 car 4-poster lift and if nec I can have the electric cars stored up top and still have easy access/reach to the EVSE - hence high mount (with cars fully elevated I still have over 8ft ceiling clearance up top). This area of Houston prone to flooding and although only twice in 30 years has it being bad enough to enter our garage I nonetheless have the option to ensure our cars never get harmed :)

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan IMG_5061

Garage a mess right now - BMW R1200GS off to right has it's own access door - wife's Mini Cooper S occupies open space and you can see the extra 14-50 socket there.
Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan IMG_5069

Grabbed couple of older pics to show the garage setup better:

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan IMG_6688.JPG

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan IMG_6690.JPG

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have a hardwired 60amp ChargePoint Flex center mounted at back of garage - gives ca 10.5 amps to the car when charging. Have an additional NEMA 14-50 to the right (second pic), both connected to dedicated wall panel for garage, as we will be getting the new Mini electric once it arrives hopefully next year. The black rectangle to right of the ChargePoint EVSE is a WiFi connected TempStick which is an excellent temp-humidity gauge. Currently mount the ChargePoint's plug to left of my CT (not as cluttered as this view suggests) for simple connect when I park there.

Finally the Bendpak lift is a 2 car 4-poster lift and if nec I can have the electric cars stored up top and still have easy access/reach to the EVSE (with cars fully elevated I still have o er 8ft ceiling clearance up top). This area of Houston prone to flooding and although only twice in 30 years has it being bad enough to enter our garage I nonetheless have the option to ensure our cars never get harmed :)

IMG_5061.jpeg

Garage a mess right now - BMW R1200GS off to right has it's own access door - wife's Mini Cooper S occupies open space and you can see the extra 14-50 socket there.
IMG_5069.jpeg

Grabbed couple of older pics to show the garage setup better:

IMG_6688.JPG

IMG_6690.JPG
Good example of how wide the Taycan is. Becomes a bit of a tight fit in most garages. I think the charger position in front of the vehicle (as listed shown here) is logical as it provides options to charge the Taycan on both sides and perhaps a 2nd vehicle if needed.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I would venture “voltage” - 8.4 to 8.6 is well with in normal voltage variations - you can check voltage with a Tester at the NEMA 14-50 plug

240V * 40 amps = 9.6 kW “raw” which translates to about 8.6 kW in car charging
220V * 40 amps = 8.8 kW ”raw”

so anywhere between 9.6 kW and 8.8 kW “raw” is “normal”

also can vary by time of day based on your neighborhood’s overall load on the grid - I see about 5v higher in the wee-hours of the morning due to reduced load from the rest of the neighborhood

voltage “sags” and variation is normal as load on the grid waxes and wanes - also I get a voltage drop from my EV charger when I fire up the Electric Dryer - again more demand will cause slight drops in voltage…which will lower the effective wattage

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Good example of how wide the Taycan is. Becomes a bit of a tight fit in most garages. I think the charger position in front of the vehicle (as listed shown here) is logical as it provides options to charge the Taycan on both sides and perhaps a 2nd vehicle if needed.
The angle here is a bit deceptive - the Mini has no issues parking beside it and in respect ingress/egress - std double garage - that said if you had two larger cars/an SUV etc no doubt it would get tight in this setup!

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Easee, limited to 25A as per Porsche advice.

No tethered option but wanted something small and discreet as it was going on the front of a house built in 1888!

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 2FFCA9E9-91F4-4267-BDC3-4CA0FC5072D5

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 13F07363-60BD-4431-B273-5039FF0EA03B

Wei

First Name
Wei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You can request it any time. The cable cost around 107Uk. i have 3 phase 240v supply at my place so purchased the cable before hand . Attaching pics for you to see
One end connects to your charger while the other goes directly to your electrical supply .

2D16261C-A6E6-4980-9A22-7967C09E83A5.png

E4894EFB-F1F3-41DE-9204-F4490BAEFB14.png

5DCBB99C-1A14-4F42-9972-4436CFF5DC8E.jpeg
Do you know if you have neutral line in your 3 phase 240V supply? My place do not have neutral line and wonder if it works or not.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
My setup:

380v power source
Porsche charger max 22KW
Tailor made Box to protect the charger and other stuff.

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 1

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 2

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 3

Wei

First Name
Wei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks David. I see that you have neutral line on your configuration. My question is if Porsche PMCC works on 3 phase 240V supply without neutral line (L1, L2, L3, PE).

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The rear of a regular one has 3P (live) + Neutral + PE (Earth) suggesting it requires a neutral. However, maybe Norwegian ones are different due to your setup being more common there.

I know my travel charger – Juice Booster – has a special "Norway" mode to handle the situation.

I suggest you ask to see the label on one in a Norwegian dealer and see for yourself. There also seem to be 11Kw and 22kW versions of the charger so they may also differ in capabilities wiring wise.

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan PMCC2
Sponsored

Reactions: B61