Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi Elber. When I set up the mobile charging unit, it was set to the maximium charge rate.

There was a good thread on here entitled 'Home charging in the UK', and I attach a chart that was helpfully posted on that thread. I've got the middle AC set up and this suggests the best I can get is 3.6kW on a single phase supply, but if you change to an Anderson A2 unit, that will take you to 7kW.

No idea if that's correct or not, but I ordered the Anderson on the back of this and the fact it is Porsche approved.

UK Charging summary.jpg
Be aware that there are a few different models of the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect available. The one that you seem to have must be limited to 16 amp, which would get 3.6 kW. There is a 32 amp model available but maybe not in the U.K.? Check on the back of the charger and you should see the article number like 9Y0.971.675 and the three options
BE 7.2 kW with 2 phases
BG 11 kW with 3 phases
BJ 22 kW with 3 phases.

It is all in the spec for the “charger” in the manual.

moth_sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Be aware that there are a few different models of the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect available. The one that you seem to have must be limited to 16 amp, which would get 3.6 kW. There is a 32 amp model available but maybe not in the U.K.? Check on the back of the charger and you should see the article number like 9Y0.971.675 and the three options
BE 7.2 kW with 2 phases
BG 11 kW with 3 phases
BJ 22 kW with 3 phases.

It is all in the spec for the “charger” in the manual.
I am using the Porsche Mobile Connect charger in the UK, and can confirm I get 7.2kw on a standard single phase supply with the 32amp blue commando plug. I am fairly sure they'll all charge at that rate. Works really well.

Last edited:

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. The unit is 9Y0.971.675.BG. When I connected it, the maximum I could choose was 16 amp. Plus, I’ve only got a single phase supply. I’ll report back when the Anderson unit is connected.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I don’t think the PMCC is outdoor rated unless it’s in the dock - but I could be wrong.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. The unit is 9Y0.971.675.BG. When I connected it, the maximum I could choose was 16 amp. Plus, I’ve only got a single phase supply. I’ll report back when the Anderson unit is connected.
I am sorry but you seem to have the unit that can charge 11 kW maximum on 3 phase. That means 16 amps per phase. I think that means only maximum 16 amps on a single phase which would give you the charge you are experiencing?

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Hi Peter - I’ve just got the unit which came with the car. The best charge I can get is 3.6kW and I’m assuming that’s because I have a single phase supply. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood any of this, but my electrical expertise is not great!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Peter - I’ve just got the unit which came with the car. The best charge I can get is 3.6kW and I’m assuming that’s because I have a single phase supply. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood any of this, but my electrical expertise is not great!
Well I am sorry for you because that is not good. I hope somebody else in the U.K. could confirm their chargers type and see if there is a difference in the spec. Some of them are getting the 7.2 kW without having to buy another charger from Andersen etc. If you have the proper cabling and set up it should be possible with the Porsche Brick as well.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
I don’t think the PMCC is outdoor rated unless it’s in the dock - but I could be wrong.
It's clearly rated for outdoor, and the plug is rated IP44.

Below is the nameplate of my Charger
Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 1608142526176

if you wonder the signification of IP you can have a look below
Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 1608142937313

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@TIM thanks for the detailed update - my bad!!!

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
My Anderson A2 has been installed, and as per their blurb, is charging at 7.2kW (I was getting a charge rate of 3.6kW from the Porsche Mobile Connect unit). This is for a UK property with a single phase 32 amp supply. Very pleased with the installation and reduced charging time.

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan 1FE1F742-EED1-43CB-88C5-DAEA373A7ADE

Last edited:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
My Anderson A2 has been installed, and as per their blurb, is charging at 7.2kW (I was getting a charge rate of 3.6kW from the Porsche Mobile Connect unit). This is for a UK property with a single phase 32 amp supply. Very pleased with the installation and reduced charging time.

1FE1F742-EED1-43CB-88C5-DAEA373A7ADE.jpeg
View attachment 11625
Thats a very yellow wall, Norfolk yellow?? Is it mounted inside a garage. Looks smart. I like the Anderson, but as no one would really see mine couldn’t justify the extra £££