Freakzilla9

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. The unit is 9Y0.971.675.BG. When I connected it, the maximum I could choose was 16 amp. Plus, I’ve only got a single phase supply. I’ll report back when the Anderson unit is connected.
Porsche mobile charger connect in the Uk would charge at 7.2 kwh if you have a single phase 40amp circuit breaker and set the settings on your charger to have max current 32amp

it will charge at 11kwh or 22kwh depending on the car model and spec of taycans (2020 model only have a capacity of 11kwh but newer 2021 have optional upgrade to 22kwh)on 3 phase supply with red commando plug (3 phase Industrial cable) which is an extra from Porsche with 50 amp breaker

so I’m guessing if your car is charging at 3.2kwh it is because the settings would only allow you to choose max current of 16 amps that means your circuit breaker is small. You need to upgrade that

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
That's a tight fit at the front of your garage!
Yes, indeed. But the 360 view in the Porsche is incredible. Best I have ever had. Turn on the 360, forward view where you can see the sides of the car and you can literally put it within 1/2 inch. Excellent. But indeed, it's tight.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
This 50amp 9.6kw Clipper Creek charger is what I'm using to charge my wife's Audi e-tron and will be waiting for the Taycan when it arrives. The other stuff in the photo is the Tesla Gateway and interior power panel for the two Poweralls we employ for whole house backup..

Porsche Taycan Show your home charging setup for your Taycan Taycan charger

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had my PMCC installed in the garage and then a trunked link back to my main board in the house to which Andersen's added an additional supply board. Can't remember the chaps name but he was from South Shields and he was a master craftsman - first class seamless job - 10/10.

I decided against the Andersen charger as it was cheaper to take PMCC (which was free at the time due to supply issues) and had Andersen's do the install of PMCC and wall dock.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
A photo of the Porsche Home Energy Manager unit and one of the sensors for it. I ordered 6 extra sensors to cover all three phases of the charger, home consumption load and solar panel output. Probably overkill like most things in my life... Overkill should be my middle name !
tempImageQqrDtf.png
Hi,

very nice!

are you able to shape the charging current depending on the solar input? e.g. only charge when sun shines well?

If yes, does that also work with a different EV than Taycan?

thanks!