Side mirror removal (to replace with carbon fiber mirrors)?

isacumi

First Name
isacumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
Someone could explain or link how to replace side mirror......
I hada an scratch in the driver side, and i must paint.

I prefer extract to paint.

Please, help would be gret.
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I've heard someone say that before but that sounds weird. Isn't the sensor in the rear bumper corner? I've not only removed but replaced the side mirrors on my Macan with LCA with no issues.
No, there are sensors in the mirror - I had to have mine recalibrated after they were removed to apply PPF. Until this happens, you’ll get a warning on the display and LCA won’t work.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
These are the ones that I get made for the Huracan and Urus. So the principle will be the same for the Taycan ones.

u6Nnns.jpg

x7VKqZ.jpg

fVhVTg.jpg

PXNjz5.jpg
Perhaps if you get these made, you can post a video on the ease of instillation and this could be a win-win....you will sell more once people understand the instillation and total cost of ownership and the buyer will have a solid reference to install?

I can tell you, if the price is reasonable (must low enough from factory option to not have it make sense to purchase a branded product) and is a DIY project, I would be interested.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
So, are 992 mirrors exactly the same the Taycan? So in theory if you follow the guide/ video in the link it should be good and all accessible from outside with no door card removal? I’ve ordered some china carbon caps and awaiting arrival.

Smart1

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So, are 992 mirrors exactly the same the Taycan? So in theory if you follow the guide/ video in the link it should be good and all accessible from outside with no door card removal? I’ve ordered some china carbon caps and awaiting arrival.
Nick which ones did you go for?

Smart1

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just
I installed mine with a friend a few days ago and it's fairly easy. First is to pry off the mirror, remove the 2 torx screws that's holding the mirror on then pop off the mirror cover.
where did you get them from?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just

where did you get them from?
Well, cancelled order in end. 4 weeks waiting and they said they had a ‘mold’ issue. Refund was no issue and all received swiftly. Comms were good. Will re order when they advise issue sorted as at £300 worth a punt.

Were meant to be from here,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266163140436

Smart1

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve just sent a set back today from AE, they turned up as LHD. Cost was £350 and they were great quality. Such a shame just hope the refund comes through.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I’ve just sent a set back today from AE, they turned up as LHD. Cost was £350 and they were great quality. Such a shame just hope the refund comes through.
Thats a shame. Take it they can’t supply in RHD if your getting a refund? Maybe that’s why mine were pulled that they only had a LHD mold!? I will keep searching.

JRemy

First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S & 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Country flag
I just installed mine earlier this week. Super easy to install- took maybe 30 minutes to do both mirrors. You simply use a pry tool to snap the mirror out of the housing- unplug the wires from the back of the mirror (careful to mark and label them for re-install).

There are three 10-torq screws holding the motor and housing in place. Once those are removed, simply pop the external housing, replace it with the new CF housing, and re-assemble. I had to pre-drill the new housing to ensure it would fit the factory screws- but apart from that, it fit perfectly. There is no need to disassemble the door panel or recalibrate anything.
Sponsored