Side mirror removal (to replace with carbon fiber mirrors)?

preeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Spyder, 2019 Cayenne
Country flag
Looking to remove and replace side mirror housing with CF ones. Anyone with experience here? Do I need to remove the door panel to take out the mirror housing?

Thanks,
Preeth
Sponsored

okkotonushi

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Porsche 992S, Genesis GV60
Country flag
You have to remove the door panel, yes

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
note: if you have LCA ( lane change assit) and you remove the mirrors . there is a good chance you will loose LCA functions until you go back to dealer and have them reconfigure the unit.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
note: if you have LCA ( lane change assit) and you remove the mirrors . there is a good chance you will loose LCA functions until you go back to dealer and have them reconfigure the unit.
I've heard someone say that before but that sounds weird. Isn't the sensor in the rear bumper corner? I've not only removed but replaced the side mirrors on my Macan with LCA with no issues.

OP
OP
preeth

preeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Spyder, 2019 Cayenne
Country flag
I've heard someone say that before but that sounds weird. Isn't the sensor in the rear bumper corner? I've not only removed but replaced the side mirrors on my Macan with LCA with no issues.
Thanks art and Tay. Will keep an eye out.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
I saw my same spec at a dealer this weekend and the car had the CF mirrors which looked amazing
I’m going to order a set and I’m guessing the safest option is to have the dealer install them

sirnonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I installed mine with a friend a few days ago and it's fairly easy. First is to pry off the mirror, remove the 2 torx screws that's holding the mirror on then pop off the mirror cover.

clayman

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I installed mine with a friend a few days ago and it's fairly easy. First is to pry off the mirror, remove the 2 torx screws that's holding the mirror on then pop off the mirror cover.
Can you elaborate? Are you saying the mirrors can be removed from the outside of the car without taking off the interior door card / panel? Did your LCA functions get affected?

sirnonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you elaborate? Are you saying the mirrors can be removed from the outside of the car without taking off the interior door card / panel? Did your LCA functions get affected?
Yes, the mirror pops off the housing, then you can remove the 2 screws holding the cover. I did it before the major update but was told not to do it after as it might mess things up. I did not remove any interior panels.

SRMA

First Name
Shardul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I will have an add one option pretty soon, where you don't have to remove the existing cover to install them.

SRMA

First Name
Shardul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
These are the ones that I get made for the Huracan and Urus. So the principle will be the same for the Taycan ones.

Porsche Taycan Side mirror removal (to replace with carbon fiber mirrors)? u6Nnns

Porsche Taycan Side mirror removal (to replace with carbon fiber mirrors)? x7VKqZ

Porsche Taycan Side mirror removal (to replace with carbon fiber mirrors)? fVhVT

Porsche Taycan Side mirror removal (to replace with carbon fiber mirrors)? PXNjz5