Side mirrors folded with 360 view camera

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hi
I should soon receive my CT4S and i'm apprehending parking in my tight home garage.
Do you know if the 360 or 3D view we get from cameras remain activated when side mirrors are folded ?
Thanks in adavance
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi
I should soon receive my CT4S and i'm apprehending parking in my tight home garage.
Do you know if the 360 or 3D view we get from cameras remain activated when side mirrors are folded ?
Thanks in adavance
Yes they do plus you can switch views to see front / rear / door mirrors (side).

How wide is the garage entrance allowing for the door frame (if there is one) as this is a wide car at the front?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Yes they do plus you can switch views to see front / rear / door mirrors (side).

How wide is the garage entrance allowing for the door frame (if there is one) as this is a wide car at the front?
I have the same issue with a 90” Garage Entrance. Also not sure if I can use the Garage as I would have 6” on either side. Will the 360 views enable me to park in the Garage?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thats should be fine - I had a frame and could not (dare not) drive in without outside help. I've since replaced the doors with a sectional door (frameless) and now have about 5 " either side and can drive in without assistance. I use the forward look on the door mirrors to see the gap either side and aim for the middle.

It is tight and you need to be careful. I could put my Panamera in the garage much easier than the Taycan and it was a similar (if not larger) size overall. The tricky part with the Taycan is the bulbous front and its deception.

Remember to fold the mirrors in at the crucial point and then unfold once inside and finish the manoeuvre. Forgetting to fold in will likely end in tears!

I made my own measurements prior to replacing the doors. The Taycan would fit but as I mentioned not without help and it was extremely tight.

So measure the available width to see what scope you have.

Porsche Taycan Side mirrors folded with 360 view camera 1628171065849

OP
OP

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag

Thanks for your reply
My garage door frame is 2340 mm wide

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thats should be fine - I had a frame and could not (dare not) drive in without outside help. I've since replaced the doors with a sectional door (frameless) and now have about 5 " either side and can drive in without assistance. I use the forward look on the door mirrors to see the gap either side and aim for the middle.

It is tight and you need to be careful. I could put my Panamera in the garage much easier than the Taycan and it was a similar (if not larger) size overall. The tricky part with the Taycan is the bulbous front and its deception.

Remember to fold the mirrors in at the crucial point and then unfold once inside and finish the manoeuvre. Forgetting to fold in will likely end in tears!

I made my own measurements prior to replacing the doors. The Taycan would fit but as I mentioned not without help and it was extremely tight.

So measure the available width to see what scope you have.

1628171065849.png
I have a similar issue to the OP. My garage is 218cm going in and widens on the driver side going in forwards. I’m very anxious about whether I can reliably do this.

What do you mean when you say “forward look on the door mirrors”? That sounds promising.

My garage is like this (I probably won’t be able to unfold mirrors inside):

Porsche Taycan Side mirrors folded with 360 view camera F0188B41-19ED-4B41-921B-D996722F34C9

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
They do stay activated, but they’re severely distorted (both 360 and 3D) because the side cameras are on the mirrors.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
They do stay activated, but they’re severely distorted (both 360 and 3D) because the side cameras are on the mirrors.
Is it possible to view the side cameras with mirrors folded? If so, what do you see in them?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Or it would be if the video uploaded properly. Anyone know how to make video from an iPhone play?