Sideview cameras

chun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
I just saw on the Macan EV forum somebody posting a camera view from the side cameras of the taycan.

Anyone knows how to access this? I pressed everywhere, and can't seem to access it. These would probably be the most useful cameras on the car....

Porsche Taycan Sideview cameras 1707762930590
Sponsored

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just saw on the Macan EV forum somebody posting a camera view from the side cameras of the taycan.

Anyone knows how to access this? I pressed everywhere, and can't seem to access it. These would probably be the most useful cameras on the car....

1707762930590.png
It’s available on Taycan as well.

Here is a picture from the internet

Porsche Taycan Sideview cameras IMG_2073

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
This is a known compromise. We have a good post on this forum on option compromises.
This is one of the big ones. I have RPA and I have not used it but I use augmented reality view to help me see how far I am, which I think is better than the view without.

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
If you have Remote Parking Assist, you're out of luck. They repurposed the side camera icon for RPA.
Wait, they couldn't figure out a better UX to list more than X icons... so they dropped a feature?!

Lmao Porsche software design is incompetent. There are so many ways to showcase that to the user and they decide to just... not support it?! Holy crap that's bad.

Like, the industrial design and manufacturing of the vehicle is top notch, but the Germans just can't seem to figure out how to make good software. Mercedes was smart and they have an R&D center in the Bay Area. It's crazy to me a top vehicle manufacturer can't hire a proper team of engineers and designers.

Porsche pls let me design this for you, I already made a UIKit for CarPlay

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Wait, they couldn't figure out a better UX to list more than X icons... so they dropped a feature?!

Lmao Porsche software design is incompetent. There are so many ways to showcase that to the user and they decide to just... not support it?! Holy crap that's bad.

Like, the industrial design and manufacturing of the vehicle is top notch, but the Germans just can't seem to figure out how to make good software. Mercedes was smart and they have an R&D center in the Bay Area. It's crazy to me a top vehicle manufacturer can't hire a proper team of engineers and designers.

Porsche pls let me design this for you, I already made a UIKit for CarPlay
As someone professionally struggling with the curse of SAP, I can vouch for that the main control board of a Soviet-era nuclear power plant is apparently the hottest shit in the German UI/UX design scene right now.

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag
Like, the industrial design and manufacturing of the vehicle is top notch, but the Germans just can't seem to figure out how to make good software. Mercedes was smart and they have an R&D center in the Bay Area.
I don’t know who designed iDrive, but it’s also awesome and way ahead of Porsche.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

1707762930590.png
You must have 360 / panoramic / surround option i.e. cameras in each door mirror to have side view which is selectable when Park Assist is active. Absolutely brilliant and a wheel saver for sure.

I believe that if you have additionally optioned remote park assist you will lose this feature - odd but true.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
You must have 360 / panoramic / surround option i.e. cameras in each door mirror to have side view which is selectable when Park Assist is active. Absolutely brilliant and a wheel saver for sure.

I believe that if you have additionally optioned remote park assist you will lose this feature - odd but true.
What I was trying to say before was this, except @W1NGE did it more clearly.
Sponsored