Siem Aristotle at Emden Port

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Who is currently waiting for a vessel to bring his/her Taycan to the US? I see the Siem Aristotle was supposed to arrive to the port of Emden yesterday but it has been in the North Sea close to the port for more than a day (anchored). Is this a normal thing? My car missed two other vessels (Siem Cicero and Bishu Highway). Hopefully it is now coming on Siem Aristotle.?
Sponsored

Tornadosailor

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, 997/1, Fiat500E
Country flag
Who is currently waiting for a vessel to bring his/her Taycan to the US? I see the Siem Aristotle was supposed to arrive to the port of Emden yesterday but it has been in the North Sea close to the port for more than a day (anchored). Is this a normal thing? My car missed two other vessels (Siem Cicero and Bishu Highway). Hopefully it is now coming on Siem Aristotle.?
2 out of 4 berths are free, but they carry out dredging operations at one of the free places. Could be anything, either not all cargo (cars) has arrived in the port or lack of stevedores (drivers). These ships are only staying for a couple of hours to load or discharge thousands of cars, to block a berth for nothing costing money....

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
2 out of 4 berths are free, but they carry out dredging operations at one of the free places. Could be anything, either not all cargo (cars) has arrived in the port or lack of stevedores (drivers). These ships are only staying for a couple of hours to load or discharge thousands of cars, to block a berth for nothing costing money....
This is the answer. From what I can tell, they're dredging right now and ships are coming in during gaps in runs.

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Very interesting!!! Thank you very much for answering my question. It totally makes sense now. Just for curiosity, how do you know the are dredging? Is there a website where I can see that? Thanks again.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very interesting!!! Thank you very much for answering my question. It totally makes sense now. Just for curiosity, how do you know the are dredging? Is there a website where I can see that? Thanks again.
Look at the paths of the Hegemanns 1 through 4 on MarineTraffic. And then the Tristao da Cunha is coming in behind them.

Porsche Taycan Siem Aristotle at Emden Port screencapture-marinetraffic-en-ais-home-centerx-7-2-centery-53-3-zoom-11-2021-09-21-10_57_57

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for sharing!!. Any idea when is the new ETA ? I have tried to find it but it keeps saying 9/19 (2 days ago). Thanks

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing!!. Any idea when is the new ETA ? I have tried to find it but it keeps saying 9/19 (2 days ago). Thanks
Siem Aristotle is due to be loadready at some point during week 40.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My car came to the US on the Siem Aristotle. It sat moored at the dock for 10 days. Was very strange and the AIS on it kept going out. It eventually left and followed the timeline on the VW shipping schedule. I used TYD and Marine Traffic to monitor it.

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I assume it is "American" week 40, right? If this is the case it should be from Sept 26 to Oct 2. My TYD estimates my Taycan should be on a vessel by 10/1 which makes sense based on your answer. Thanks.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I assume it is "American" week 40, right? If this is the case it should be from Sept 26 to Oct 2. My TYD estimates my Taycan should be on a vessel by 10/1 which makes sense based on your answer. Thanks.
TYD will show you which ship you are going on (once assigned)on the "On Vessel" at the bottom. Mine was back in August.

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
TYD will show you which ship you are going on (once assigned)on the "On Vessel" at the bottom. Mine was back in August.
I hope it is the Siem Aristotle which is already about the get there. I already missed the Siem Cicero which was the initial vessel my Taycan was assigned to on 9/9 based on TYD, but then it was removed from TYD 2 days later. I am thinking the car was scanned but never made it to the vessel. Let's see this time.

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I checked today and I see a vehicle carrier at the port of Emden chartered by Volkswagen (SFL Conductor) heading to Baltimore on 9/23 (Thursday). Does anyone has experience with this vessel? I am thinking if this could be the one bringing my Taycan, It arrived yesterday and I am assuming he will loading tomorrow. Any thought? Thanks

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I love how members on this forum become maritime experts while waiting for their new car to be delivered.
?

Amazing to think we are aware of the schedule of birth dredging patterns at a German port in real time.

I also think its intereting how grown men (me included) get so excited about a new mode of transport arriving (when we already have a perfectly adequate one).
Way more than getting anything else (house etc).
We just turn into kids at Christmas. Would love to ask a psychologist why that is.

Last edited:

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love how members on this forum become maritime experts while waiting for their new car to be delivered.
?

Amazing to think we are aware of the schedule of birth dredging patterns at a German port in real time.

I also think its intereting how grown men (me included) get so excited about a new mode of transport arriving (when we already have a perfectly adequate one).
We just turn into kids at Christmas. Would love to ask a psychologist why that is.
Technically maritime and environmental policy is what I do and my German counterpart is very good at what he does.

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
?

That is totally true, the excitement to the unknown is the result of a healthy mind. Tracking those vessels and see what they do is not only fun but also intriguing and a nice learning experience. Before asking your physiologist make sure is not also waiting for a Taycan, he can also be doing the same thing...?
Sponsored