Migpiedra

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I received a letter from Porsche regarding registering the signal booster in my Taycan with TMobile. I spent over an hour on the phone with various folks and they have no clue what I was talking about. Does anyone have experience in getting this set up?
Sponsored

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I don't know what you're talking about either. My understanding is that the signal is just physically repeated to the wireless charging slot area in the armrest. I have T-Mobile and it works for me without registering anything. I even have the insulated glass.

Edit: on another website (for 911s) they concluded that this was a generic letter not specific to Taycans and that it didn't apply to 911s but did apply to Cayennes. Do you actually have reception issues or not?

Edit 2: on another forum (for 718s) there was another hilarious story about this. Their solution was just google for it. LMGTFY: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/register-a-signal-booster

But again, I'm not at all certain that you have an active antenna in the Taycan as opposed to a passive antenna that doesn't need to be registered. Or that registering activates anything for anyone rather than just being paperwork.

Last edited: