Silencing the Trunk Beeper

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thanks for the tip @Tincan for the Cross Turismo. I removed my speaker tonight and replaced it with a 33ohm resistor I had lying around. The close button still works, maintaining all functionality, and no codes.

@ciaranob @BobC

FYI, the speaker has a resistance of about 60ohm. I used some foam tape to hold the resistor in place.
A2F512F8-7B3A-4DA4-A349-A760C2E457F2.jpeg

2C491E0F-EF06-4996-BB52-DB405B0FB077.jpeg
Forgot to ask but have you wired the speaker plug to this resistor or did the OEM plug fit an available receiver socket on your resistor? - can’t see from angle - thx!

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Forgot to ask but have you wired the speaker plug to this resistor or did the OEM plug fit an available receiver socket on your resistor? - can’t see from angle - thx!
I put a couple bends in the leads on the resistor and they fit directly into the (female) speaker plug.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
That trunk beeper was really annoying. Now I feel like Homer Simpson in awe of this door silently opening and closing and opening and closing…

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
if you're messing with resistors to fool the pcm you may as well try instead inserting one in series to make the speaker one third the audio level or so. don't know but you could easily play with a handful of various resistance to sort out which is best. maybe around.. 10Ω to start. in series in one of the wires. *shrug*

daveo4ev?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Took the time to muffle the speaker with foam so it's only half as loud. It's much more bearable now. Thanks for posting the location of the speaker!

I also found how many retaining clips are missing / not installed after my roof repair. Slowly eliminating rattles after the roof repair.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For anyone who wants to see the end to end process. From removing the trunk liner to replacing the speaker with a resistor.
Awesome video. Thanks! Would you mind sharing where you sourced the resisters and pry bar?

EricF

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Awesome video. Thanks! Would you mind sharing where you sourced the resisters and pry bar?
Amazon or local hardware store.
I had a trim removal tool left from installing a dashcam, but search for "Auto trim removal" on Amazon, and you'll find plenty of options for about $5.
Resistor. Look for "60 ohm resistor ceramic", again either on Amazon, or at your local HW store for a couple of $. 60ohms is the speaker resistance, but replacement does not have to be exact at all. It is mostly to not leave the circuit open, which prevents the inside close button to work.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Amazon or local hardware store.
I had a trim removal tool left from installing a dashcam, but search for "Auto trim removal" on Amazon, and you'll find plenty of options for about $5.
Resistor. Look for "60 ohm resistor ceramic", again either on Amazon, or at your local HW store for a couple of $. 60ohms is the speaker resistance, but replacement does not have to be exact at all. It is mostly to not leave the circuit open, which prevents the inside close button to work.
I unplugged the speaker over two years ago & reading this post helped me realize that's why my inside trunk close button doesn't work. Thank you!
Sponsored