OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Would you really pay a premium for CR and then PPF + ceramic coat it...would it not be cheaper / marginal additional cost to get PTS and a colour that actually pops naturally than make efforts to force it?
Thing is, for PTS I would also be PPF'ing + ceramic coating, so that cost is locked in regardless.

But you make a good point. CR could take more maintenance to ensure it always pops vs another colour that looks 10/10 regardless of light/surface coating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just 4 coats of that wax since January when I got it. It is an incredible wax. Creates an amazing shine. I am not allowed to use the muppets at hand wash businesses as they just create swirls. The guy who waxes it used to own a body shop and also moonlights at Porsche. Those photos are after the latest wax last week except for the first. Interestingly the first side profile pic is a few days after those mental thunderstorms monsoon we had last week. Kept its shine. Like MTGBUK says it depends if you look after your paintwork. But four waxes in it looks amazing imho. Just keep on waxing!
Thank you for the wax recco - have just bookmarked it and will buy some when the car (eventually) arrives.

Interestingly the wax has a yellow base, which brightens colours. It could be why CR pops so much as the wax brightens the red, bringing out its bold lustre.

Speaking of detailers - do you trust them?! I will probably find a local mobile detailer.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Thank you for the wax recco - have just bookmarked it and will buy some when the car (eventually) arrives.

Interestingly the wax has a yellow base, which brightens colours. It could be why CR pops so much as the wax brightens the red, bringing out its bold lustre.

Speaking of detailers - do you trust them?! I will probably find a local mobile detailer.
Like I said, I use this guy who just loves Porsches. As you see he does an amazing job. Detailers should always be recommended. Keep an eye out for great looking cars and ask the owners!

The wax also makes your Taycan smell like a banana 🍌 which is a bonus.

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like I said, I use this guy who just loves Porsches. As you see he does an amazing job. Detailers should always be recommended. Keep an eye out for great looking cars and ask the owners!

The wax also makes your Taycan smell like a banana 🍌 which is a bonus.
Nice and some solid tips there!

The smell has totally sold it to me!

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
How did I miss this!?

Great write up :)

I was told, when my PEC day was scheduled for 25th Aug, that they did have a GTS with and without PDCC and that I could try both. I'd be a bit irked if it wasn't possible - it's an expensive option that I'm pretty sure I don't need...but would want to try it.

Colour is very subjective. I've seen a few Gentian Taycans and they always look good, no matter how clean they are.

Cherry's still my favourite, but I suspect can also look muted.

I wouldn't be spending PTS money on a gunmetally grey colour personally. And think the black accents get lost on darker colours (this is marginal on Gentian and Cherry).

If you're going to get PPF (something I'm seriously considering - country lanes and overgrown hedgerows do paint no favours!), you could go for one of the cheaper std colours and get coloured PPF....?

I suspect Q1 23 is optimistic personally. For every person that drops off the list due to the ecnomy, Porsche will have headaches building a car in candle light. We're just not going to get any indication until the latter part of the year I think.

Suspect I'll do my PEC spring/summer next year, depending on the allocation situation come Nov/Dec...

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
Had a CR Macan GTS for a while and I’ve never had so many people comment on the colour of a car in my years of driving. In person and up close and personal, with contrasting black / carbon elements it’s something else… classy yet purposeful. I spent a long time back for forth on colours and yet always came back to CR for my Taycan GTS ST that is due in November, the carbon mirrors and carbon SpotDesign package helps too. 👍🏼

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had a CR Macan GTS for a while and I’ve never had so many people comment on the colour of a car in my years of driving. In person and up close and personal, with contrasting black / carbon elements it’s something else… classy yet purposeful. I spent a long time back for forth on colours and yet always came back to CR for my Taycan GTS ST that is due in November, the carbon mirrors and carbon SpotDesign package helps too. 👍🏼
Lucky and I bet you can't wait! Do share pics when your GTS ST arrives.

Strangely, every CR Macan I have seen, the colour always looks muted/dull. I wonder if CR only pops if it's paint corrected, PPF'ed and ceramic coated?

I'm mulling going PTS, but we will see. Depends on how long that extends an expected 15 month wait!

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How did I miss this!?

Great write up :)

I was told, when my PEC day was scheduled for 25th Aug, that they did have a GTS with and without PDCC and that I could try both. I'd be a bit irked if it wasn't possible - it's an expensive option that I'm pretty sure I don't need...but would want to try it.

Colour is very subjective. I've seen a few Gentian Taycans and they always look good, no matter how clean they are.

Cherry's still my favourite, but I suspect can also look muted.

I wouldn't be spending PTS money on a gunmetally grey colour personally. And think the black accents get lost on darker colours (this is marginal on Gentian and Cherry).

If you're going to get PPF (something I'm seriously considering - country lanes and overgrown hedgerows do paint no favours!), you could go for one of the cheaper std colours and get coloured PPF....?

I suspect Q1 23 is optimistic personally. For every person that drops off the list due to the ecnomy, Porsche will have headaches building a car in candle light. We're just not going to get any indication until the latter part of the year I think.

Suspect I'll do my PEC spring/summer next year, depending on the allocation situation come Nov/Dec...
It's no longer possible as they simply don't have the car availability. Many owners on this forum have said PDCC is not worthwhile, especially for normal road driving.

Perhaps as a track car it might be worth it, but then who tracks a Taycan?! Would have been nice to trial it. I will speak to my dealer, perhaps they might have some in stock with and without PDCC.

Gentian is nice, but seems a bit too regal... Like cherry, though I do really like the colour. I actually test drove a cherry Taycan GTS saloon a few months back. It was stunning! In the sunlight it pops.

Some of the PTS greys can look really nice, I only hope our wait is rewarded with an expansion of the standard colours. Do agree though most PTS colours look so similar to standard, it's not worth the money or extended wait times.

Coloured PPF - looks a bit naff/nouveau riche boy racer, and for me, it just wouldn't feel right wrapping my first Porsche. I want some factory paint on show!

Agree about all the socioeconomic problems. I think we're in the eye of the storm at the moment, before it all kicks off even harder into October. Recession, job losses, inflation continues hurtling higher as do interest rates. All currencies plummet against USD.

Energy crisis will hurt manufacturing so I too am not optimistic about Q123, though it does suit me as I have no plans to spend winter in grey, dreary and unnecessarily negative UK.

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
Lucky and I bet you can't wait! Do share pics when your GTS ST arrives.

Strangely, every CR Macan I have seen, the colour always looks muted/dull. I wonder if CR only pops if it's paint corrected, PPF'ed and ceramic coated?

I'm mulling going PTS, but we will see. Depends on how long that extends an expected 15 month wait!
I’ll pop some pics up on collection day!

PPF and ceramic coat a no brainer, but only after a proper detail, I don’t let the OPC touch the car in that sense… a detailer you know, trust and have experience with is a must for me or a recommendation having seen work at least.

It’s been quite a wait for sure, not too long now (as long as no more ships catch fire and sink or wars break out!). Gone with PCCB too, more for the disc size and yellow against the CR, black and carbon (should also mean the brakes fill the 22” summer wheels a little better), you can’t beat a carbon ceramic brake, even if it doesn’t get used much on the Taycan.

Anyway, fingers crossed it all works as I envisaged it would, configurator doesn’t do any vehicle justice!

I’ve heard PTS can be silly delays but you never know your luck! Hope it all comes together for you, whatever you decide.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always loved CR in pictures, but in person have never been blown away by it. Guards is the opposite, don't love it in pictures, but in real life it just looks so good.

I do think the key to CR is the accents, which need to be glossy black and kept clean so they pop and create a lot of contrast.
Sponsored