Simoniz ceramic sealant

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone familiar with Simoniz? My car is due in by the end of the week, and I asked my dealer to give me a quote on full PPF and ceramic sealing. I don’t know what they proposed for the PPF, but for the ceramic, they quoted Simoniz. I haven’t seen that mentioned here.
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Do not let your dealer do this or outsource it. Find a reputable company nearby that got a proven track record. Dealers are $hit at doing this kinda stuff.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do not let your dealer do this or outsource it. Find a reputable company nearby that got a proven track record. Dealers are $hit at doing this kinda stuff.
They do outsource it. Why is that better than having someone do it outside the dealer? I want the best product, but having the dealer handle it has nice convenience factor.

They quoted me $6500 for Premiumshield Elite, plus $995 for the Simoniz. I did some research, and the Premiumshield Elite sounds like a great product. Not sure about the price. But I can't find much on the Simoniz ceramic coating.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Actually, that's not true when it comes to Porsche. Perhaps other car dealers are bad but at Porsche when my 911 was given a track pack it was done very well and for my other cars I used Reep who are one of the best in the UK for PPF and ceramics and even they said that Porsche GB dealers generally, if offering PPF are very good. The only thing they might not be to hot on is stage 1 polish/prep if that's required.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Actually, that's not true when it comes to Porsche. Perhaps other car dealers are bad but at Porsche when my 911 was given a track pack it was done very well and for my other cars I used Reep who are one of the best in the UK for PPF and ceramics and even they said that Porsche GB dealers generally, if offering PPF are very good. The only thing they might not be to hot on is stage 1 polish/prep if that's required.
To me the polish prep is the foundation of everything else, so I'm very clear here, get the professionals to do this, not a dealer.
Sponsored