MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
Lonely day there as a Taycan owner yesterday. Felt like 'Billy No Mates', counting less than half a dozen Taycans amongst what must have been close to 1,000 attendees. Even one of the stewards took the micky asking me to 'Rev my engine' whilst queuing for entry. :CWL:

Any reason why you didn't go? Range anxiety? Everyone at the Simply Electric event a week before? All there in your ICE Porsche weekenders instead?

Do you find the event passive and un-involving or feel like 'the new kids on the block'?

Porsche Taycan Simply Porsche - Beaulieu Beaulieu I

That aside, there were some gorgeous machines there. Plenty to tempt you back to the dark side, especially a lovely collection of 928's.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
How did Taycan numbers compare to Panameras and SUVs in attendance?

OP
OP
MadCan

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How did Taycan numbers compare to Panameras and SUVs in attendance?
Pretty similar.

Visitors were predominantly 911’s & Boxters. Good collection of Spyders, Speedsters & 928’s. Far fewer heritage vehicles than I would expect.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
That would have been an unreasonable trek for me from the left coast of CA but I wonder….what do you do at these events other than gawk at cars you do not own?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Pretty similar.

Visitors were predominantly 911’s & Boxters. Good collection of Spyders, Speedsters & 928’s. Far fewer heritage vehicles than I would expect.
I'd guess then that the absence of their roomier & heavier brethren is that the latter don't tend to be bought by traditional Porsche sports car enthusiasts. I think the Taycan is making a significant change in the Porsche owner demographic even more than the SUV models did.

OP
OP
MadCan

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That would have been an unreasonable trek for me from the left coast of CA but I wonder….what do you do at these events other than gawk at cars you do not own?
It's never 'an unreasonable trek' to visit the mother country.

There were some concessions there and a few cars marked for sale, but yes, aside from chatting to the enthusiasts (some of whose depth of knowledge is awesome), and club members catching up with each other it's effectively a static parade.

The event could be made so much more involving by having some workshops, case studies, buyers guide briefings, Q&A sessions with marque, heritage, model experts etc. etc....

targaben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, GT4, Macan
Country flag
You have some good points. It could certainly be improved. Was surprised no Porsche dealer there either, Portsmouth and Bournemouth really not far. Maybe the long weekend didn't help. I would have been there with my Taycan if I had it, had participant tickets but delays delays.

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
Nice collection of 928's? I have more than a soft spot for 928's!

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
I went last 2 years. Would go again.

Porsche Taycan Simply Porsche - Beaulieu 37B99CD7-8E9A-48BF-8D33-8D7CE13C37F8
Sponsored