Sirius/XM radio question

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
So, this might be a weird question, but I have Sirius/XM radio in both my '20 Taycan and my '19 Cayenne.

In the Taycan, if I change the station it will play the current song from the beginning, while if I change the station in my Cayenne, it will play song where it might be at the particular time.

Is this a functionality I may have set in the Taycan? Or, is there a different Sirius/XM radio tuner in the Taycan than what is in my Cayenne?

I was just curious, because I would love this functionality in my Cayenne.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess the Taycan has rewind and the Cayenne doesn't?
It is not so much "rewind," but the Taycan automatically starts whatever song happens to be playing on Sirius/XM from the beginning. The Cayenne has the ability to manually do that, so I was wondering if it was a setting I might have set up with the Taycan unknowingly. thanks

Last edited:

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I noticed the same thing, to my surprise, as I have never had that any other SiriusXM radio. It seems as long as song is no more than 75% to the end of the song, it simply starts at the beginning of the song when you turn to that station. I didn't set that feature, it has been that way since I got the car. But I do love it!!

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I noticed the same thing, to my surprise, as I have never had that any other SiriusXM radio. It seems as long as song is no more than 75% to the end of the song, it simply starts at the beginning of the song when you turn to that station. I didn't set that feature, it has been that way since I got the car. But I do love it!!
Thanks for sharing, and good to know I am not alone. It is certainly an unexpected benefit, so I will just enjoy and not overthink it.
Sponsored