Sleeping in a Porsche Taycan

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Here's how Tesla Björn does the trick in Audi e-tron GT.

- (auxiliary heater ?? off)
- drive selector to N
- from main menu: car - settings&service - parking brake - apply em parking brake

This allows for the car systems to stay running all night and thus heater/aircon to be on. And in Audi, apparently an annoying background hum.

Unfortunately I haven't received my CT yet, so can't try myself what the Taycan equivalent would be.
Same. - neutral and P-brake.
Sponsored

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Same. - neutral and P-brake.
Camping in the taycan now, tried the neutral thing and the car still turns off, wanting to run a frig from the 12v dc, anybody got any suggestions on keeping the 12dc port from turning off? Thanks

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The various “modes” are one Tesla-specific technology that I’ll miss. I also had a love/hate relationship with Sentry Mode, having had at least 2 door dings where I could clearly see the complete lack of care placed by other people on my car as they slammed their doors into mine without even the slightest concern - sometimes even twice in a row.

Now that they’re introducing “sentry live” I suspect my door ding anxiety would be ratcheted up to 10 as I could watch the door dings happen in real time.

for my Taycan I plan to just park it as far from other cars as my legs can tolerate and hope for the best.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is possible to set the air condition and the car in general in a camp mode like all the Tesla model has? This is also great if there is a dog in the car when you are gone.
Has anyone tried to sleep in their Porsche taycan? How was that experience?
Looking forward to some answers!
Ha, recall thinking that depending on the trip might be useful to have an emergency sleeping option like:

https://www.amazon.com/Inflatable-Mattress-Camping-Travel-Compatible/dp/B076H1NJDP

Many other options too (TesMat, Dreamcase etc) - suspect def better if in a CT but TBH, would have to be an emergency :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Here's how Tesla Björn does the trick in Audi e-tron GT.

- (auxiliary heater ?? off)
- drive selector to N
- from main menu: car - settings&service - parking brake - apply em parking brake

This allows for the car systems to stay running all night and thus heater/aircon to be on. And in Audi, apparently an annoying background hum.

Unfortunately I haven't received my CT yet, so can't try myself what the Taycan equivalent would be.
Funny, this is the very same trick Tesla owners used to use in the old days before camp mode came over-the-air.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Anyone know how to take out the back seat speaker panel? Also any tips on increasing radio timeout keep it from turning off

Porsche Taycan Sleeping in a Porsche Taycan 09C791DD-80B4-443C-98A6-0B7BFB20C220

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
Finally got to trying camping in my CT. Didn't find a way to keep ventilation running all night. Unfortunately the car turns completely off after a while (30 min, hour, didn't have mental presence to check as I was trying to sleep) with N+parking brake via menu. This happens both with and without being plugged in to AC charging.

Camp Mode would suit CT well, off-road advertising and all. I'm 180 cm (6ft) and found that there's enough space for me for even some tossing and turning. If only the air systems would stay on.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, did Porsche deliver camping mode in the latest software? I'm looking at a possible 3,000 mile drive home from a dealer I am picking mine up from, and such feature would be very appreciated for napping on the side of the road. I would prefer not to freeze to death just because I want to nap for a couple of hours in a charger parking lot. I guess I could just DC charge to 100% and use that time to sleep, but if I don't need it, why take up the charger space (other than of course not wanting to freeze to death ;) ).

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
So, did Porsche deliver camping mode in the latest software? I'm looking at a possible 3,000 mile drive home from a dealer I am picking mine up from, and such feature would be very appreciated for napping on the side of the road. I would prefer not to freeze to death just because I want to nap for a couple of hours in a charger parking lot. I guess I could just DC charge to 100% and use that time to sleep, but if I don't need it, why take up the charger space (other than of course not wanting to freeze to death ;) ).
There goes the new car smell. Good luck!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There goes the new car smell. Good luck!
I am actually not a fan of new car smell - it's just remanences of manufacturing chemicals oozing out of the materials, or in some cases intentionally added artificial "new car" scent. It's like the scent of alcohol, some people like it, others don't. If you are a big fan, you can buy "new car smell" in a can.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Finally got to trying camping in my CT. Didn't find a way to keep ventilation running all night. Unfortunately the car turns completely off after a while (30 min, hour, didn't have mental presence to check as I was trying to sleep) with N+parking brake via menu. This happens both with and without being plugged in to AC charging.

Camp Mode would suit CT well, off-road advertising and all. I'm 180 cm (6ft) and found that there's enough space for me for even some tossing and turning. If only the air systems would stay on.
I got an air mattress last year that fits the CT like a glove and is seriously comfortable :) - again doubt we'll ever use it that much but some fun - see this post #37 and expanded in another post I can't recall/find right now. In regards air - I also have snap on window bug nets for each window that allow you to keep one or all four windows partially or wholly open - now this is not a solution if you end up camping in Texas in summer believe me!! But fine in winter/spring. The mattress also comes with a super efficient min-fan that can be battery or car plug run etc.
Sponsored