Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Just watched this video as well, I think it's great they added this speed limiting charging profile for those who aren't in a rush and can afford to decrease the fast charge stresses on the battery pack.

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
Thanks for posting, I really think Kyle does a great job with his range and charging tests as well as his driving impressions.

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Is this new profile option available after an update? Or just for the CT?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Dual use feature, make your battery last longer and save on idle fees if you plan to have dinner at a nearby restaurant. :giggle:

All that aside, if fast DC charging really degrades the battery so much more, there should be some kind of indicator in the car of how degraded the battery is, how much was the car charged fast, super fast, or slow. This will become important for judging the resale value of any car, especially as the cars get close to the end of battery warranty. Tesla does not offer this to regular customers, but you can get that data from the CAN bus scanner, which can be a good investment for anyone shopping for a Tesla (gives you lots of information on battery health).

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Is this new profile option available after an update? Or just for the CT?
It is available after updates. My car is a very early 2020 model and has this feature now. Not sure I have the plug and charge feature though. But with the Porsche charging card it works very well anyhow.

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It is available after updates. My car is a very early 2020 model and has this feature now. Not sure I have the plug and charge feature though. But with the Porsche charging card it works very well anyhow.
thanks, was this done with the AMB5 update? or OTA,?

guess i will check in my car later
Sponsored