Small dents, PDR or traditional dent repair?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I have some small dents, one from scraping an underground car park pillar last year. Have PPF so paint work should be fine.

Porsche dealership has a body shop that doesn't do paintless dent repair but does it the "traditional" way, which requires paint work.

PDR doesn't require paint work as you may well know but is from a third-party service provider.

Which method is recommended you reckon?

I'll post pix of the dent in a bit.
Porsche Taycan Small dents, PDR or traditional dent repair? ED031909-502F-455D-BAFF-995818388BCB
Sponsored

Last edited:

jakeCT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
missed: RX8 / current: Model 3, MYP / CT4 waitlist
Country flag
I bet it was that Swarovski covered RR.. take some crystals to offset the cost.

In all seriousness, the white looks like paint transfer from the pillar; try a paint polish applied by towel first (Meguiar’s ScratchX or similar). PDR might be possible, hopefully without requiring removing the PPF.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I bet it was that Swarovski covered RR.. take some crystals to offset the cost.

In all seriousness, the white looks like paint transfer from the pillar; try a paint polish applied by towel first (Meguiar’s ScratchX or similar). PDR might be possible, hopefully without requiring removing the PPF.
Haha

it would have made a great story if it was indeed the crystal covered rolls! Alas the cause was much more mundane.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Shopndays
Not every panel can be PDR’d. That looks like a tough spot to work on.
Shop says they can do it, not sure how reliable or the end result will be though

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I would try the PDR first, I have seen amazing work done by one of these guys. If you go the traditional route there’s always the risk of unmatched paint.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I would try the PDR first, I have seen amazing work done by one of these guys. If you go the traditional route there’s always the risk of unmatched paint.
if I get unmatched paint from the official Porsche dealership body shop I will be FURIOUS

haha.

Volcano grey is ubiquitous!

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
No better feeling than when those guys do their "magic". I'm constantly amazed at what can be accomplished. Always worth trying PDR first. 👍
Yep! The shop did an amazing job. These guys will be my go-to in the future.

Time to move on to the curbed mission e’s, though no real urgency here. Rims are like shoes, bound to get dirt and scratched. Not planning on selling either so what’s the point.
Sponsored