Sneak Peek of Taycan Front End from Prototype Department

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 Cayman 06 CayenneTT
Country flag
Porsche is said to increase their production to keep up with the interest. We get a look at the uncovered front end.
Porsche Taycan Sneak Peek of Taycan Front End from Prototype Department {filename}

(Prototype construction department of Porsche Taycan in Zuffenhause)

Demand for the Porsche Taycan electric sedan is surging, and Porsche's CEO says the company will build more

• Porsche hasn't built its first battery-electric car, the Taycan sedan, but it already plans to increase production.
    • The German brand's CEO Oliver Blume told WirtschaftsWoche in a report last Friday that strong demand has led to increased production.
    • Porsche released the Taycan's initial specifications earlier this year and said the electric sedan would come with over 600 horsepower and 300 miles of estimated range.
Porsche hasn't built its first battery-electric car, the Taycan sedan, but it already plans to increase production.

The German brand's CEO Oliver Blume told WirtschaftsWoche in a report last Friday that strong demand has led to increased production. Blume said the added production will be split between the standard Taycan sedan and the Cross Turismo variant Porsche confirmed for production earlier this year.

Porsche initially estimated it would sell 20,000 Taycans per year, but the higher-than-expected demand has been—excuse the pun—shocking. In Norway, for example, where Porsche typically sells about 600 new cars a year, the company has received nearly 3,000 reservations for the Taycan with cash deposits.

The company did somewhat prepare for the high demand for the electric sedan. A new plant in Zuffenhausen will build the Taycan, and Porsche made sure the car had its own dedicated assembly line and paint shop.

Porsche released the Taycan's initial specifications earlier this year and said the electric sedan would come with over 600 horsepower and 300 miles of estimated range. However, we expect additional variants of Taycan to come with less power to fall in line with Porsche's typical base, S, and Turbo model hierarchy.

The car will also usher in Porsche's 800-volt electrical system that will fast-charge the car to 80 percent in about 15 minutes. A 2-speed automatic transmission will send power to standard all-wheel drive, but rear-wheel drive could be offered later in the car's life.

Production will begin in mid-2019, and we'll see the company take the wraps off of its long-awaited electric sedan in the near future.

https://read.bi/2BXhCH6
Sponsored

Viand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still looking
Most people don't even know about the Taycan or that Porsche is coming out with a full battery EV. Once they start hitting the streets the demand will skyrocket I bet. I know many people who are looking for a Tesla alternative.

OP
OP
Stealthgate007
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 Cayman 06 CayenneTT
Country flag
Most people don't even know about the Taycan or that Porsche is coming out with a full battery EV. Once they start hitting the streets the demand will skyrocket I bet. I know many people who are looking for a Tesla alternative.
I think you are right.. People in my office including my Director didn't know about the Taycan, as he takes delivery of his Model 3 on the 21st of Dec. Still, they have already sold out all of the 20K pre-order slots, as of DEC-11-2018.

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nice pic! Very jewel like headlights.

Wonder if the DRL lights will still be at 4 corners of headlights. I don't see it in that pic.

MarkInMd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2017 F-250
Country flag
If Porsche holds true to the concept then the Taycan is going to have a full clamshell hood like the Macan, not the little insert hood as shown in these prototype pics.
Sponsored