So based on the new EPA "Range" are you cancelling?

Are you going to cancel your Taycan Order?

• Total voters

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
180 with 26 degrees outside and "generous use of defrost and heat" and a typical spirited review is cool. so to speak.
Yeah, I am really happy, read Audi did an update and increased range and that Porsche could do the same. Looks and range.. oh Yes!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Hello SVP,

the less than 10%-strategy would frighten me. When renting an EV, it has happened to me even this year on a major highway that some of the charging stations were simply kaputt, or that the hotel charging stations where in the underground car park, but it was full with regular cars who had even parked on the dedicated ev parking places, and so on.

Better have some extra water under the keel ;)!

Cheers,
Henrik
I've done it with the Tesla superchargers - on the navigation screen Tesla lets you know whether SC are working or not, and how many free stalls. Hope Porsche will do the same (considering they want $300 for the software). The other time I did that was when going home. I would not try it in a non-Tesla rental though - too unpredictable at this time.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
180 with 26 degrees outside and "generous use of defrost and heat" and a typical spirited review is cool. so to speak.
That is OK - hopefully what they lost in friction on the snow-covered single lane roads will be similar to what they gained by going slower than highway speeds - keeping my fingers crossed for similar 180-250 miles on pure highway.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...I would not like to arrive at the charging stop with less than say 15% charge left in the battery.
I think for fast traveling it is important to arrive at 5-10% left in order to maximize charging speed. There are a lot of vids about traveling this way with EVs.

So taking a break every two hours instead is the solution but that requires a denser network of fast chargers than what is existing today...
Totally agree, but in Europe this is happening as we speak. Once VW rolls out the IDs, the network has to be dense for the sheer volume of EVs on the highways. I'd be worried that you will arrive at an IONITY charger and there is an hour queue to even start charging.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm at about 182 miles at 90% charge in winter weather. Seen a low of 156 miles at 85%.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I have gone from 300 to 340 miles during the summer to about 230 to 240 miles during the winter and we haven't even really hit the super cold months.
Sponsored