So, is it acceptable or normal for dealerships to add $20k Premium?

mikelevitt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I would not patronize a dealer who gouged me - ever.

Our Taycan was ordered in late May, and delivered in early September at a significant discount from sticker price. There are 3 Porsche stores in my area, and I drive past 2 of them to get to the third, and this is why.
Sponsored

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Interesting to see the crazy market in USA too.

I just sold my perfect UK Macan Turbo PP privately for LITERALLY $14,000 more than the UK Porsche dealer bid for it when i placed the Taycan order late May. I knew I could get $9000 more than their bid on that day from several web based dealer portals. No wonder the forecourt is empty as, as ever, they are greedy and think they have us over a barrel as its a good product. They don't.:like:

EVer

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3
Country flag
Has anyone been up charged above MSRP upon arrival on a car that was ordered at MSRP months earlier? A little worried that could happen, my Taycan is supposed to arrive next month…

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Has anyone been up charged above MSRP upon arrival on a car that was ordered at MSRP months earlier? A little worried that could happen, my Taycan is supposed to arrive next month…
I was worried too, but I had a signed document from the dealer when I left my deposit (one page laying out the numbers including tax, tag, and title. They honored it and reduced the tag fee as I had one to transfer. They acted like they had not heard about any 1.5% factory discount for delayed delivers that some others has posted about and I raised before paying. I never could find any official document from Porsche for that so I did not push it since I already had negotiated a discount off MSRP.

wylmastephenson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
I don't think anyone would like that price. You can try to haggle. Start with a phone call. Car dealers want to make buying a car an emotional experience because they can use this state of affairs to make you spend more money than you would otherwise. Avoid this problem by doing your initial investigation over the phone. Call the dealership, state the car you want, and ask them if they would be willing to sell it for a little less than yours. I've read that you can import a car from Japan https://www.jdmbuysell.com/jdm-importing-tips/how-to-import-a-car-from-japan/. It would cost a lot less than the price at the dealership.
Sponsored