So that's where all the Taycan buyers are. Marin.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Waze routed my morning commute to SF via Golden Gate Bridge from the East Bay due to bad traffic. Then I was also routed off 101 for a few miles and re-enter 101.

Along the way, I saw 4 Taycans, no less. For the past year, I must have seen like 2 Taycans in the wild. Then 4 in 1 day all over by Marin / Sausalito. ha.

-ThinkMac-
Sponsored

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Waze routed my morning commute to SF via Golden Gate Bridge from the East Bay due to bad traffic. Then I was also routed off 101 for a few miles and re-enter 101.

Along the way, I saw 4 Taycans, no less. For the past year, I must have seen like 2 Taycans in the wild. Then 4 in 1 day all over by Marin / Sausalito. ha.

-ThinkMac-
I have a buddy who had a Taycan Turbo and just upgraded to a Turbo S because “he has to have the best”. I was chatting with him about my 4S order and he said everyone in his neck of the woods has a 4S and he’s glad he has the Turbo S. This is down in one of the LA burbs.

Yeah, he’s funny

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag

-ThinkMac-
I ordered my taycan from dealer in Marin, and SA said they sell the most Taycans in CA…henceforth get a lot of allocations…. They were my first call as they were closest to me. I live all the way up in Humboldt County. Glad I did! They had just gotten two allocations (this was in July), and I’ve had a great experience with them to-date. Pretty sure I’ll be the only person in Humboldt with a Taycan… actually a touch concerned with standing out that much. Haha

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag

-ThinkMac-
The pac heights-Marin coffee run I do most afternoon breaks involves at least 2 taycans every day. There are 10 on the street in this neighborhood alone.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag

-ThinkMac-
math checks out, I’m picking up my CT4S from Marin tomorrow.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Can't help but feel there's gonna be a Taycan spoof in a Simpson's TV episode soon. ... :)

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just drive through Medina, WA. Safe bet that driving through it once, you'll see at least 2-3 Taycan in those 5 minutes.

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ok, good thing I'm down in SoCal, otherwise I'll have to upgrade to a Turbo S. :)

-ThinkMac-

I have a buddy who had a Taycan Turbo and just upgraded to a Turbo S because “he has to have the best”. I was chatting with him about my 4S order and he said everyone in his neck of the woods has a 4S and he’s glad he has the Turbo S. This is down in one of the LA burbs.

Yeah, he’s funny

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ha. I'm in SF all the time, and maybe saw 1 Taycan a year ago. Mostly in SoMa for clients. So not in Pacific Heights area.

-ThinkMac-

The pac heights-Marin coffee run I do most afternoon breaks involves at least 2 taycans every day. There are 10 on the street in this neighborhood alone.

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When did you ordered yours?
I also ordered from Marin, but delivery is Jan 2022.

Pictures, details, full review. We want the whole scoop.

-ThinkMac-

math checks out, I’m picking up my CT4S from Marin tomorrow.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
When did you ordered yours?
I also ordered from Marin, but delivery is Jan 2022.

Pictures, details, full review. We want the whole scoop.

-ThinkMac-
I ordered at launch, went to Marin because they had a 4S allocation (I originally wanted a turbo but I think 4S is plenty). I actually live in Berkeley so I’ll be making the trip over there to pick up in a few hours.

I guess I’ll have to post some pictures before I start peeling back trim pieces to see if the fender plastic can be removed :)

ice grey on chalk, pretty well loaded build, with a rear bike carrier on the way too

shelt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S; '18 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I live in and ordered from Marin. Finished production today, so you'll see one more (gentian) 4S on the road soon. I see a lot of Taycans around here - they are selling like crazy! For those not around here, almost every new car on the road is a Tesla. They call them the "Mill Valley Prius" :). The transition to electric is happening quickly...

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have yet to see a Taycan in the wild in Central Florida.

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dude!! I ordered with Marin a week after launch, but no more allocation, then got an allocation in July. Congrats!! So jealous. I really wanted it for 2021, tax reasons, but will have to be patient and wait. Hopefully there's no delays and I actually get it in Jan.

At the time in March, I tried every dealer in the Bay Area to find an allocation. Nobody had any.

-ThinkMac-

I ordered at launch, went to Marin because they had a 4S allocation (I originally wanted a turbo but I think 4S is plenty). I actually live in Berkeley so I’ll be making the trip over there to pick up in a few hours.

I guess I’ll have to post some pictures before I start peeling back trim pieces to see if the fender plastic can be removed :)

ice grey on chalk, pretty well loaded build, with a rear bike carrier on the way too
Sponsored