So who's changing their order to the GTS Sport Turismo?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine's about to finish production in a few days. But am a little tempted. Although I think I'll stick with my CT for the suspension.

Man, that electro-chromatic roof sure is nice.

-ThinkMac-
The roof won't be available until later in 2022.

I was tempted by the extra power over the 4S and a potentially earlier build slot. But I'm sticking with my 4S CT because I want the extra ride height, and I'm surprised to find that I actually prefer the looks with CT wheel-arch cladding, black roof spoiler and wheels that aren't available for the GTS. Also I want to minimise the amount of fabric.

The fancy pano roof isn't yet appearing as an option on the UK configurator- hopefully it will appear for all variants before I have to fix my configuration.
The extra power is minimal. With the same battery, it's only like 30 HP difference. They just quoted the numbers in a way to make it look like a bigger difference than it is. For the GTS they quoted the standard perf plus battery with LC engaged and for the 4s they quoted the smaller battery and no LC.

But I have to admit that I wish my 4S had the same range of 315 miles (504km)
All the 2022s have the range upgrades is my understanding. Plus, earlier models get closer to that range than was advertised. 315 miles is around the same as the Edmunds range test results on the 2021.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Tks I had seen this. My real q is if I remove the black plastic on the Arches what has to be done to the paint underneath? Will it be as simple as having it polished or would it have to be repainted? I know there was previous discussion on this but no one has reported actually doing this. I’m also happy that a lot of people report, after getting their cars, that they like the Arches in black. At this point I think I will just paint it out. I don’t get my car for ten more weeks so I have plenty of time. I do like how the Arches look on the new GTS.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Tks I had seen this. My real q is if I remove the black plastic on the Arches what has to be done to the paint underneath? Will it be as simple as having it polished or would it have to be repainted?
Patrick might be able to answer that having had his plastic cladding painted, if that involved removing them.

Paul75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is the body style I thought I wanted, but actually the CT is useful in ways I hadn't imagined.

Will stick with mine. By the time I'm done, they'll be onto a next gen anyway.

chch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
But I have to admit that I wish my 4S had the same range of 315 miles (504km)
If it's really 315 miles vs. 215 miles between GTS and 4S, that seems like a deal breaker to me. Anyone knows what the major update that leads to the improvement of efficiency?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'll resist the variety of comedic responses that immediately spring to mind ?.
I swear it's noticeable on different settings on a Cayenne.
I don't want to risk grounding or even just scraping bits off on local sleeping policemen, canal arch bridges or the occasional unmade track. I was even nervous taking the CT demonstrator through a minor flood- I've been spoilt having the Cayenne's go-anywhere ability, including Gravel mode.
I've had Cayennes too but not had a 'moment' yet with the Taycan - Smartlift does the job once programmed.

Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If it's really 315 miles vs. 215 miles between GTS and 4S, that seems like a deal breaker to me. Anyone knows what the major update that leads to the improvement of efficiency?
I think the data has been misread /mis-interpreted - there isn't that much difference. Remember also how and under what conditions these tests are made. Us folks in UK put up with 220 - 280 miles max (with PB+) depending on time of year etc whilst some folk in US (apparently) regularly get 280 / 290 and beyond.

I would check the range calculator on the website once the new models have been added - this will make it easier to compare apples with apples...

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Staying with my CT 4S order, as also want the extra ride height and gravel option .. Will be interested to see if that pano roof becomes an option before my order needs to get locked, good news is I have 10+ months or so before then :CWL:
With you, as nice as the lower ride height looks in the pictures I just have to remind myself …uk roads, uk speed bumps…ride height..something not paint to rub on narrow roads… plans to drive to Alps in winter and lots of trips to the Highlands. Plus that fabric….not to my personal taste. Will stick with CT though a GTS spec CT might have been a happy medium for me between my original 4S order and inability to control myself on the configurator….

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Hey guys, new user here just put a deposit on a ct4s. I must admit the only thing im not sure on is the plastic arches. Having seen the gts reveal I can’t make my mind up if i prefer it or not. I would ditch the race tex interior and i dont like the dark rear lights. The extra ride height on the ct is welcome and i think the roof rails make the car look more aggressive. Having been round the houses with the Macan gts it seems most people prefer the gts without roof rails, a consideration for resale value.
Damn it can’t make my mind up, dealer says I can’t switch deposits once I commit to a model, if i do i go to the back of the queue…
Thinking about it the gts does look a bit more ‘jelly bean’ like as mentioned above. Im guessing the arches on the ct could be wrapped as the cheapest option, also back to original when selling on.
Edit. Specced a gts to same spec as my ct4 and it’s about £10k more.
Just conjecture but I reckon most people who want a gts want the race tex and the specific gts bits as I would likely change most of those it may not be such an appealing car when it comes to selling on. Mind made up I guess….

Last edited:

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I know this will be a “he would say that, wouldn’t he” moment, but I’m so relieved to have been a little underwhelmed by the GTS Sport Turismo. I’d genuinely feared it would make me peevish and resentful towards my green machine, mercifully it’s made me like it all the more. I just think the CT and accoutrements work better to my eyes. Phew, for me at least!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hey guys, new user here just put a deposit on a ct4s. I must admit the only thing im not sure on is the plastic arches. Having seen the gts reveal I can’t make my mind up if i prefer it or not. I would ditch the race tex interior and i dont like the dark rear lights. The extra ride height on the ct is welcome and i think the roof rails make the car look more aggressive. Having been round the houses with the Macan gts it seems most people prefer the gts without roof rails, a consideration for resale value.
Damn it can’t make my mind up, dealer says I can’t switch deposits once I commit to a model, if i do i go to the back of the queue…
Thinking about it the gts does look a bit more ‘jelly bean’ like as mentioned above. Im guessing the arches on the ct could be wrapped as the cheapest option, also back to original when selling on.
Edit. Specced a gts to same spec as my ct4 and it’s about £10k more.
Just conjecture but I reckon most people who want a gts want the race tex and the specific gts bits as I would likely change most of those it may not be such an appealing car when it comes to selling on. Mind made up I guess….
Welcome to the forum (I've not been here much longer than yourself). Glad you've made your choice- whichever way you went there'd be people giving you the thumbs up, and neither option would be a poor choice, so now you can move on to agonising over whether you should change any of your minor trim choices- I fear I'll be stuck in that phase for at least 6 months.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I know this will be a “he would say that, wouldn’t he” moment, but I’m so relieved to have been a little underwhelmed by the GTS Sport Turismo. I’d genuinely feared it would make me peevish and resentful towards my green machine, mercifully it’s made me like it all the more. I just think the CT and accoutrements work better to my eyes. Phew, for me at least!
The GTS is out of my price range, but I’m grateful that I find it underwhelming overall so I don’t have the slightest hint of envy or regret. I’m sure some will be thrilled with it, but it’s not for me. A happy and unexpected accident.

Reactions: B61

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
My 4s gives me 260 miles easy

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
My CT4S goes into production within a week or so and I've been worried about the Sport Turismo coming out just after my lock date and how that would compare to my CT.

Having seen it today it's definetly a great looking car but I don't like some of the styling of the GTS so I'm happy with my choice and sticking to my CT4S
Sponsored