So who's changing their order to the GTS Sport Turismo?

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hey guys, new user here just put a deposit on a ct4s. I must admit the only thing im not sure on is the plastic arches. Having seen the gts reveal I can’t make my mind up if i prefer it or not. I would ditch the race tex interior and i dont like the dark rear lights. The extra ride height on the ct is welcome and i think the roof rails make the car look more aggressive. Having been round the houses with the Macan gts it seems most people prefer the gts without roof rails, a consideration for resale value.
Damn it can’t make my mind up, dealer says I can’t switch deposits once I commit to a model, if i do i go to the back of the queue…
Thinking about it the gts does look a bit more ‘jelly bean’ like as mentioned above. Im guessing the arches on the ct could be wrapped as the cheapest option, also back to original when selling on.
Edit. Specced a gts to same spec as my ct4 and it’s about £10k more.
Just conjecture but I reckon most people who want a gts want the race tex and the specific gts bits as I would likely change most of those it may not be such an appealing car when it comes to selling on. Mind made up I guess….
The plastic arches look strange and stand out too much if you don’t take the off-road package … but if you do, they actually look pretty sweet …. Much better in real life than on pics
Sponsored

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
The roof won't be available until later in 2022.

The extra power is minimal. With the same battery, it's only like 30 HP difference. They just quoted the numbers in a way to make it look like a bigger difference than it is. For the GTS they quoted the standard perf plus battery with LC engaged and for the 4s they quoted the smaller battery and no LC.

All the 2022s have the range upgrades is my understanding. Plus, earlier models get closer to that range than was advertised. 315 miles is around the same as the Edmunds range test results on the 2021.
My 22 CT4s certainly has not the GTS «claimed » range … I really wish it did - now I prefer the CT looks even if it is 50 miles less efficient.

Reactions: B61

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Is it certain there is new battery tech in the GTS?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is it certain there is new battery tech in the GTS?
No I doubt it. Software tweaks most likely and therefore could be deployed across the range in time.

I'm still sceptical of the range variance quoted. Time will tell.

Reactions: B61

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Hmm, you might be right. On doing some searching, it appears the 2022 Taycan does have some efficiency improvements across the board and the GTS will have the first official WLTP rating of the MY.

From the horse's mouth:
The new Taycan model year will not be homologated separately, so there will not be any new WLTP range values. However, the real-world range of the latest versions will be greater in day-to-day use. Extensive technological developments have been implemented to achieve this increase. In Normal and Range modes, the front electric motor is almost completely decoupled and de-energised in the partial load range in the all-wheel drive models. Furthermore, no drive is transmitted to either axle when the car is coasting or at a standstill. This electric freewheel function reduces drag losses. The motors are switched on again within milliseconds only when the driver requests more power or changes the driving mode.

The thermal management and charging functions have also been further improved. With the Turbo Charging Planner, the high-voltage battery can now be heated to a slightly higher temperature than before. This means that fast charging is possible earlier and at a higher charge level. In addition, the waste heat from the electrical components is used to an even greater extent for battery temperature regulation.
That electrochromic roof looks dope though.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The plastic arches look strange and stand out too much if you don’t take the off-road package … but if you do, they actually look pretty sweet …. Much better in real life than on pics
Agreed. That's the only reason why I'm satisfied with off-road package (of very expensive plastic)...

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I know this will be a “he would say that, wouldn’t he” moment, but I’m so relieved to have been a little underwhelmed by the GTS Sport Turismo. I’d genuinely feared it would make me peevish and resentful towards my green machine, mercifully it’s made me like it all the more. I just think the CT and accoutrements work better to my eyes. Phew, for me at least!
Hi Mr B, agreed a little the same for me but still prefer the CT look (GTS looks a little boy racer for my taste, more suited to an Audi..) and I want the extra practicality (showing I'm definitely no longer a boy racer haha). Ref your car, whats your view on the off-road pack. Looks wise I think it fits the car though it does still look good without. Think its genuinely deflected stone chips at all so far (I guess are there any fleck in the plastic?). I won't be doing any gravel rallying but have to admit I'm one of those who find it incredibly hard to go 10mph on the many unfinished UK roads.....

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Hi Mr B, agreed a little the same for me but still prefer the CT look (GTS looks a little boy racer for my taste, more suited to an Audi..) and I want the extra practicality (showing I'm definitely no longer a boy racer haha). Ref your car, whats your view on the off-road pack. Looks wise I think it fits the car though it does still look good without. Think its genuinely deflected stone chips at all so far (I guess are there any fleck in the plastic?). I won't be doing any gravel rallying but have to admit I'm one of those who find it incredibly hard to go 10mph on the many unfinished UK roads.....
Hi there, apologies for the late reply, a long lunch to say the very least.….

I agree totally with you, for what it’s worth the off-road pack helps to add some definition and muscularity to the shape which I think having seen it in denuded GTS form is a little, dare I say it, anodyne for my tastes. I don’t doubt it costs me an amount in range efficiency to have it, but I just like the looks of it and the contrast against the lighter colours is pleasing to me aesthetically. Having looked around the car the only mark on the off-road pack is a small mark that was there at delivery so it seems to be holding up ok and I’m around 1500 miles in the last 3 weeks so I’m racking them up. I’ve had it on a couple of unmade roads too and it seems plenty robust, in fact the only thing so far has been a very gentle grounding of the underside of the chin as I managed to hit the lift button twice without realising and so took away all of my ground clearance. Fortunately it was a tight twisting reverse out of an inclined driveway which, when combined with the Salvador Dali pack on the rear camera meant I was barely moving above 1mph so no great harm. For me it’s still a nice option, I get why it’s not to everyone’s tastes and I can very much see why you wouldn’t bother with the pack on a dark paint colour.

ROBGREEN5471

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (soon to be Taycan CT4S
Country flag
My 22 CT4S arrives at the dealership this week, with it being able for me to collect on Tuesday next week. I always had reservations regarding me liking the Sport Turismo more due to the arches. I must say that surprisingly and thankfully I prefer my CT4S! When I spec them both the same (or as near as possible) and look at them side by side, the CT just looks better from every angle. Looks angrier and sportier and more robust so a win all round! Obviously this is just my opinion but even more excited to pick mine up in a matter of days!
Edit my CT4S is in Crayon with the sports design pack in black which is what I think helps it look “angrier, sportier and robust”

Last edited:

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
My 22 CT4S arrives at the dealership this week, with it being able for me to collect on Tuesday next week. I always had reservations regarding me liking the Sport Turismo more due to the arches. I must say that surprisingly and thankfully I prefer my CT4S! When I spec them both the same (or as near as possible) and look at them side by side, the CT just looks better from every angle. Looks angrier and sportier and more robust so a win all round! Obviously this is just my opinion but even more excited to pick mine up in a matter of days!
Edit my CT4S is in Crayon with the sports design pack in black which is what I think helps it look “angrier, sportier and robust”
Post some pics when you get it please!

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
You summed up my feelings nicely. I feel like the ST just is a whole lot of one color with not much to break up the color profile on a very large vehicle, which I think the CT does nicely. The black arches aren't to everyone's taste, and I get that, but for me I find the CT to be a bit more aggressive looking. I also don't find myself liking the body color spoiler as much either. I feel like the ST is just a bit too monotone for such a big ride.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
The GTS was announced on the day I was due to firm up on 4Sxt order. Build will complete 2 Feb 22.. Not sure the GTS is worth the extra but was briefly tempted until I was told I would lose my build slot.
Sponsored