Software Recall completed yesterday - 4 new error messages today

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I told myself I would never buy the first year of a new model, but I couldn't help myself with this one and here we are. I just picked it up yesterday after getting the software recall completed and today while driving normally on the highway I got 4 new error messages. It started with a red warning:

Electrical system error: Vehicle traction standby required for electrical supply, Park vehicle in a safe place

After stopping and putting the car in park, these three showed up one after another:

Rear axle steering error: continued driving possible with adjustment

Chassis error: Continued driving possible with adjustment, See Owner's Manual

Chassis error: Visit workshop, continued driving possible with adjustment

Super duper! Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: B61

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I told myself I would never buy the first year of a new model, but I couldn't help myself with this one and here we are. I just picked it up yesterday after getting the software recall completed and today while driving normally on the highway I got 4 new error messages. It started with a red warning:

Electrical system error: Vehicle traction standby required for electrical supply, Park vehicle in a safe place

After stopping and putting the car in park, these three showed up one after another:

Rear axle steering error: continued driving possible with adjustment

Chassis error: Continued driving possible with adjustment, See Owner's Manual

Chassis error: Visit workshop, continued driving possible with adjustment

Super duper! Anyone else experience this?
mine has been at the shop being updated since yesterday, both the charging and shut down updates, wasn't there supposed to be OTA updates?
the tech was out test driving it and noticed the driver's assist was acting up, hopefully when I do get it back they'll have things sorted

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
mine has been at the shop being updated since yesterday, both the charging and shut down updates, wasn't there supposed to be OTA updates?
the tech was out test driving it and noticed the driver's assist was acting up, hopefully when I do get it back they'll have things sorted
Mine was in for 11 days but not because of only the recall update. My car blankly refused to communicate. would not do it OTA, LTE or with their PIWIS. They had to change cabling, Connection Manager, LTE modules plus a few more items. The software update then was done.

Having read some of the US guys reporting problems with HPC EA charging I wanted to see how Ionity worked. Great and no problems. Very decent speed in charging even at high SOC. see picture

Porsche Taycan Software Recall completed yesterday - 4 new error messages today EE4C1B85-8406-4149-AED8-EF214D9A00A1

BUT THEN THE TROUBLE SHOWED UP!!!

I tried out Inno Drive and everything is dead. All of these driver assistance systems worked before the visit to the workshop. So now I have No Lane Keep Assist, no Lane Departure warning and nothing displayed about speed or lanes etc. It seemed that Adaptive Cruise Control operated , but the set speed was not displayed! I could increase and decrease speed but not see any settings. Not sure if the adaptive speed worked because I switched it off.

Took it back to the dealer for investigation and their PIWIS gave no fault codes whatsoever. The technician took it for a spina nd came back confirmring it was dead. They tried a few sw downloads and different codings but nothing.

They are completely lost now since there are no fault codes or any kind of log. They have no idea on where to start to look. Both Porsche France and Porsche Germany have been in touch to investigate. 3 days gone and they still do not know what to look for or what to do.

So @TaycanNJ I will be very interested to hear your cars development.

In my ownership over 14 months, this is the 4th time the car has been off the road. Every time has been for 10 days at least, so I am getting quite frustrated and disappointed with Taycan and Porsche now. This is not the experience I was looking for when buying the car.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
this past sunday I was chilling in the pool and got a call from porsche that my car was stolen , i said. know its in my driveway, then i said no it could not be a dead battery again. they already fixed that issue. But sure enough completely dead. had to use my key in the remote to get in , then jumped the hood open then jump the car to get it back up ( main battery had 200 + miles still ) called up dealer next day, first available drop off date to get it service + recal sevice if i want a loaner is 9/15 SMH. Pray for me, hopefully it does not die on me while im driving. Worse problems to have i guess.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
The car catching fire while parked ? like the Bolt? ?
the car catching fire is not really worse, you'll be getting a new car.

if the 12v craps out while you're at wal mart then you get to spend an hour or two waiting for a flat bed, the car will spend a few days, if you're lucky, at the dealership and then you get to drive a car that you'll never quite be sure will go when you need it to.

as long as the fire is confined to the car, the fire could be a reasonable choice.
Sponsored