JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Took my MY2020 in for its two year service and the software update. The SA said the software update was cancelled last week as there were reports of it bricking cars on the road and it won't be re-released until its fixed. Wondering if those who have had it done will be bringing their cars back in.

And with respect to the charger issues, no dumbing down, you just get a red sticker.

Well done Porsche.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I just got my update done this week. Maybe not pulled everywhere?

Edit: or possibly model year dependent? I have ‘21.

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
It would be nice if Porsche provided some communication about the update if the guidance has changed. Too much to expect, I guess.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just got my update done this week. Maybe not pulled everywhere?

Edit: or possibly model year dependent? I have ‘21.
Picked up my car and further information from the service guy.

This applies to Canada but I don't know why the US would be different.

If your car is scheduled for the update you will receive a notice that it has been cancelled.

When the update is ready you will receive a new letter letting you know.

If you have already received the update, it fails pretty quickly so if you haven't had a problem you are ok. You will probably be asked to bring your car in for the new update when it is available.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Took my MY2020 in for its two year service and the software update. The SA said the software update was cancelled last week as there were reports of it bricking cars on the road and it won't be re-released until its fixed. Wondering if those who have had it done will be bringing their cars back in.

And with respect to the charger issues, no dumbing down, you just get a red sticker.

Well done Porsche.
So is this different than the update we did last year?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too was denied the uPdate today, at the dealership in Chantilly, VA. The service foreman said Porsche pulled it, consistent with what @JimBob's service department told him. I've been waiting months for an appointment to get the uPdate, and now it's pulled just days before I finally got an appointment. Major bummer.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too was denied the uPdate today, at the dealership in Chantilly, VA. The service foreman said Porsche pulled it, consistent with what @JimBob's service department told him. I've been waiting months for an appointment to get the uPdate, and now it's pulled just days before I finally got an appointment. Major bummer.
What year is your Taycan?
The uPdate had different campaign numbers - for example one was ANA6. What was the campaign number for your Taycan's uPdate?

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020; Panamera GTS; 911
Country flag
I have a 2020 Taycan and I did the ANA6 update. The update installed okay, but the SOS connect module had to be replaced as it would not wake up after the update. The car is in the shop now trying to solve a no LTE connection. The problem seems to be a software problem, but there is no fix. It is a bit frustrating with the early, random bugs that resolved with the ANA6 update, but now I cannot tell if this is just the nature of the car moving forward or just a software loop that can be fixed with a reboot.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
SOS Module probably needs to be replaced. It was the only thing that failed in my car (2.5 years so far). They got the part, and it took a LONG time for them to get it working.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What year is your Taycan?
The uPdate had different campaign numbers - for example one was ANA6. What was the campaign number for your Taycan's uPdate?
My Taycan is model year 2020, same as @JimBob's. (I just added that to my profile.) The service foreman at my dealership echoed what @JimBob was told: the uPdate is bricking some Taycans after they are returned to the owner. I think he said this affects MY 2020 only. I was never given a campaign number, either on the Porsche website, or in the email announcing the uPdate:

Dear Mr. Ryan,

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) has developed a full system software update specifically for your Taycan. We are contacting you because this update is now available to you FREE at your Porsche Dealer.​
What is the issue?
Software that was originally designed for the 2023 Taycan is now available for 2020 through 2022 Taycan vehicles. This is a comprehensive, full-system update with various improvements and bug fixes, as well as new graphics for the PCM screen.​
What will Porsche Do?
Your Porsche Dealer will update your Taycan with improved software at no cost to you.
Thank you for your patience and allowing us to help maintain continued satisfaction with your vehicle.​
What should you do?
Please contact your local Porsche dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment to have your vehicle updated at NO CHARGE TO YOU, and to arrange in advance for a Porsche loaner vehicle should you require alternate transportation during the repair period.​

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is some kind of problem for some cars with this update and Porsche doesn't say what it is, so remain sitting in the dark. I have no campaign number either that I am aware of. Only the communication sent to all Taycan owners that the update was available. All I can say is my car has had few issues so far and I was looking forward to some of improvements as communicated in the release that would bring the car to the '23 level in some specs. But being a silly goose, I will sit for awhile to see if they deliver on their word. Otherwise I guess I could argue diminished value through the settlement process available in Canada to see what is going on but will press my dealer first.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got my 2020 4S back after the big software update and several recalls. So far so good. I had to re-pair my cellphone and lost my geolocation-lift locations. The car kept my radio favorites and the garage door opener however.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
uPdate WNJ8 for MY 2020 is back!!! :involve: I took my 2020 4S in for heater and on board charger failure today, and the good news is that they're going to install the uPdate that was withdrawn in December right before I brought the Taycan in for my two year service interval. If I understood the service advisor correctly, WNJ8 is the replacement (since November 2022) for ANA6 that was released around spring 2022. Here's the description the service advisor provided for WNJ8.

Overview of the new features of the software update

FunctionDescription
The new features depend on the country and vehicle equipment
Model year 2020-2021Model year 2022
Vehicle electrical system
  • The functionality of the battery management system is optimized to prevent intermittent discharging of 12V batteries
  • Increased stability of 12V vehicle electrical system during long idle periods
Function on Demand
  • A subsequent activation of the comfort opening/closing (KESSY) and the virtual pedal for opening the rear lid is now via Function on Demand
Navigation and infotainment: Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
  • After setting up Spotify, Spotify is available as a separate media source in the PCM
  • Android Auto is available via a cable connection
  • New PCM design (colored tiles)
  • Voice control with new functions and improvements (intelligibility of voice commands)
  • Adaptation of the layout of the route monitor and the setting for deactivating traffic symbols (e.g. roadworks, one-way streets)(Navigation Plus)
  • Charging stations can be filtered and selected in the search function for their charging power
  • The On Board Owner's Manual can be used via voice control (“Hey Porsche...”)
  • Improved route overview and operation display
  • Omission of AM radio function in the Porsche Middle East market
View
  • Upgrading of the all-wheel drive display by repositioning it in the central computer (PCM)
  • Revised and optimized display in the instrument cluster
Rear display unit
  • Display in national language for the Ukraine market is now available
Connectivity
  • Longer availability of the VTS alarm
Connectivity
  • Better availability of the colorful and grey services (News, Weather, Online radio, etc.)
Head-up display
  • Revised and optimized display in the head-up display
  • Extension of display content in head-up display
  • Optimized teaching of the head-up display in the workshop case
Assistance systems
  • Higher precision of assistance systems and expansion of market-specific availability
  • Improved parking space detection for intelligent ParkAssist (even small parking spaces available)
  • Higher availability of Lane Change Assist in confusing traffic situations
  • Availability of Porsche Inno Drive in the markets Lithuania and Vatican
  • Optimization of traffic sign recognition
  • Extension of ParkAssist for the Lithuania market
  • Increased ParkAssist sensor range and better object detection
Diagnostics
  • Increased diagnostic reliability with external access
Vehicle handling
  • Further comfort enhancement of vehicle handling
  • Further optimization of braking performance
Power train
  • Increase in power train efficiency to increase range through improved all-wheel drive distribution (4WD only)
  • Acoustic optimization of power train noise from electric machines
Power train
  • Enhanced stability of the power train
Thermal management
  • Range optimization/increased efficiency due to improved thermal management in the vehicle
Air conditioning
  • Avoidance of failure of the air-conditioning compressor and reduction of the risk of misting on the windscreen
Charging
  • Increased charging stability during AC charging
  • More frequent availability of fast-charging when utilising the charging planner due to preconditioning of the high-voltage battery (not available for model year 2020 )
  • Better availability of the plug-and-charge function
  • Selection of more powerful charging pedestal in charge planning
  • Avoidance of very short charging stops in charge planning
  • Adapted energy content of the battery during charging stop (adapted to removal of the quick-charging network)
OTA
  • Enabling online updates for various control units
  • Significantly improved charge planning in navigation

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the details. I have a service appointment later this month for an unrelated issue so hope it gets installed.
Sponsored