Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Oh is this the color sync to your Apple Music Cover Art feature? Did you have to turn anything on? I was looking for a setting but didn't see anything.
It sure does! In settings under ‘Comfort’ you’ll find it as the last option in ‘Ambient Lighting’ as ‘Dynamic’ mode. I didn’t notice myself, until I sat in the garage by myself listening to music and noticed the lights changed.

I agree it could be more instructive when Porsche implement new settings, but on the other hand it’s fun to encounter new positive things like this suddenly . . . just like out the blue sky.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
On the new Home Screen, with all the “apps“ the right panel used to be blank. Now it shows a couple of phone numbers and a radio station. They aren’t recently called or used items. Not sure how to configure this right panel. Anyone?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
From memory, click the ... and check that sub menu - Adapt Sorting etc - it comes from there.

Failing that check the Porsche Good to Know App.

Porsche Taycan Software Update Has New Features for 2020 Taycans 1E8ABC4F-4152-4AA7-9DD2-42914AB64165

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It sure does! In settings under ‘Comfort’ you’ll find it as the last option in ‘Ambient Lighting’ as ‘Dynamic’ mode. I didn’t notice myself, until I sat in the garage by myself listening to music and noticed the lights changed.

I agree it could be more instructive when Porsche implement new settings, but on the other hand it’s fun to encounter new positive things like this suddenly . . . just like out the blue sky.
I swear I saw a check box somewhere too to enable ambient lighting.
Can't find it anymore though.
Indeed, it also works with the color slider set to "dynamic".

Grahamtaylor

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think the checkbox to which you refer (dynamic lighting) is accessed by selecting the three dots in the Media menu

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I think the checkbox to which you refer (dynamic lighting) is accessed by selecting the three dots in the Media menu
Thx, I'm often using this to show people where all the functions are but apparently it doesn't show (the color slider is there though).
I think I must have seen it in my car then...
Thx anyway. :)

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just got my software update. Trying to figure out how to show current song under the SiriusXM channel under favorites. It now shows the channel description instead. Pressing the ... doesn’t seem to give me the option to change. Anyone have thoughts?

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Just got my software update. Trying to figure out how to show current song under the SiriusXM channel under favorites. It now shows the channel description instead. Pressing the ... doesn’t seem to give me the option to change. Anyone have thoughts?
I mentioned earlier, mine is doing that too and i have not been able to find anyone who knows of a way to change it back unfortunately....this was such a stupid thing to change. The loaner Cayenne they gave me had it’s favorite screen similar to this too, where it did not tell what was on the station. The screen is fairly useless to me now.

Grahamtaylor

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thx, I'm often using this to show people where all the functions are but apparently it doesn't show (the color slider is there though).
I think I must have seen it in my car then...
Thx anyway. :)
I think it's actually selectable when you highlight 'Apple Music' then press the three dots. On the simulator it merely offers the option to log out of your Apple ID when you select the three dots, but now (post update) there are additional options to log in and out for Apple Music and Apple Podcasts and to set the Dynamic Lighting amongst others.

Reactions: Dee

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
From memory, click the ... and check that sub menu - Adapt Sorting etc - it comes from there.

Failing that check the Porsche Good to Know App.

1E8ABC4F-4152-4AA7-9DD2-42914AB64165.png
Thanks... that is only for sorting out the app icons on the main panel... not the right side window... under option, there is off and show recommended info... it currently shows phone numbers and show radio stations... I just turn it off...