Rogertaycan4S

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan went in for updates and some recall issues last week, in London, I wont say exactly where. When I got the vehicle back there were a number of problems. I had lost all my settings and took ages to set the screens up as I like them. I guess that is to be expected but they could have warned me. The tyre warning light was on and I took a long while to sort out that I had the set my exact tyre type and size in the menu. I hope I have done that correctly, the warning light has gone off. I couldn’t use the phone or media, and found that the vehicle was in guest account mode not mine, so sorted that out.

The vehicle will no longer allow me to use recuperation adaptive braking, a message comes up saying it not possible to use this. I can use just recuperation but I find this doesn’t makes any difference to driving and braking. They have not been able to get auto door unlocking when you approach the vehicle to work, this has been a long term issue, it worked for some months then just stopped working. I am told it is like opening the boot with a wave of the foot, a bit flakey.

I have also had a lot of problems with the connect app, which I think has been discussed here over many months. Just wondering if my experience is typical, It seems the dealers dont yet have enough people well versed in the Taycan. I feel sorry for the front end staff who deal with the customers, it is not their fault they dont know enough about the Taycan to be able to answer detailed questions. I know the pandemic is being blamed for not being able to send staff off to Taycan courses, and I accept there is some truth in that. I get more help as with resetting all the screens from youTube videos than any other way. Thanks to all those good people who have created them. Apart from these niggles I love my vehicle, unlike other electric vehicles it is like driving a proper car and a Porsche at that. My vehicle was built June 2020, so one the earlier ones.
Sponsored