Software update? My Radio works properly now.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I just noticed that when I start my car, I no longer need to select the last XM/Radio station that I was listening to last time….it just plays. I presume Porsche made an update?

Also noticed some slightly different icons on the driver’s display. If Porsche is making changes, they are on the right track.
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Never had to select a station, last source just plays (if it is available). For Sirius it plays the last station. My wife's CT has always done this, one way we can tell if her profile or mine is picked up because of what station was playing.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Never had to select a station, last source just plays (if it is available). For Sirius it plays the last station. My wife's CT has always done this, one way we can tell if her profile or mine is picked up because of what station was playing.
Thanks for the feedback. Not sure why mine never did. I read previously that it may have had something to do with how Apple CarPlay starts up. Its small but not having to re-select the radio again is 👍

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Is your CarPlay still connected?
Because if it’s not then it’s normal that it resumes. The problem is when CarPlay starts and it stops the current radio station.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I have also noticed a change over the past few days. Previously, at times when I started the media app would take a minute or two to load before playing, including the app for Sirius XM. However, in the past few days, I have noticed that the Sirius app please immediately as soon as I start the car, without the loading delay. I don't know if I've just been lucky the past few days or that's actually a change that's been made. I hope it continues as it is excellent.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
I have also noticed a change over the past few days. Previously, at times when I started the media app would take a minute or two to load before playing, including the app for Sirius XM. However, in the past few days, I have noticed that the Sirius app please immediately as soon as I start the car, without the loading delay. I don't know if I've just been lucky the past few days or that's actually a change that's been made. I hope it continues as it is excellent.
I have had the same experience. I noticed it first after the latest IOS update.? Coincidence or luck?.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
I think it was luck on my side. It’s not been consistent.
I’m back in the luck group. Once yesterday it reverted to car play and the other time it started with a favorite radio station so the apple update was a red herring I guess.
Sponsored