mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I got a call from my dealer about a month ago that I needed to bring in my 4S for a software update they said was fairly critical. I asked what was critical about it and they said the vehicle may not go into park, reverse drive in a rare instances. I didn’t grab a screen shot of software version before I took it in. One side effect I have noticed since the upgrade is that my car now responds, and is quick to respond, when I walk up to the car with my key. Before, it was rare that the car would automatically unlock and lift the door handles out. Now, it works flawlessly. Guess there are fixing minor software bugs in the releases. I really should write down the list of bugs and see when they get fixed.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a call from my dealer about a month ago that I needed to bring in my 4S for a software update they said was fairly critical. I asked what was critical about it and they said the vehicle may not go into park, reverse drive in a rare instances. I didn’t grab a screen shot of software version before I took it in. One side effect I have noticed since the upgrade is that my car now responds, and is quick to respond, when I walk up to the car with my key. Before, it was rare that the car would automatically unlock and lift the door handles out. Now, it works flawlessly. Guess there are fixing minor software bugs in the releases. I really should write down the list of bugs and see when they get fixed.
Can you go to the screen and get the software version you are on? Thanks.

OP
OP

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Sorry about that. I think it’s the same WLG2 update others have posted.
Porsche Taycan Software Update C814E460-122F-4534-9B78-2EC2BFCB5BCA

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Unfortunately, that's just the PCM software info; you can't really get the "car" software info from the screen.
Sponsored