Wlj

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911, range rover
Country flag
My 4s has been with UK dealer for 5 days now and they are saying they need to do a cold restart by draining battery to do software update since PCM will not work. It was an early delivery in June 2020 - what do I need to look out for when it's ready and I reckon it will be another week after speaking to engineer today - any tips since it looks like Porsche has not got this right? Thanks
Sponsored

mziegler38

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2019 991.2 C4S
Country flag
My 4s has been with UK dealer for 5 days now and they are saying they need to do a cold restart by draining battery to do software update since PCM will not work. It was an early delivery in June 2020 - what do I need to look out for when it's ready and I reckon it will be another week after speaking to engineer today - any tips since it looks like Porsche has not got this right? Thanks
My update of 4S and charger was trouble free, It did take a couple of says to complete.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
See my latest post. It has links for the exact steps that need to be taken during the update and when things go wrong it is 41 pages long. I rememberthat main battery has to remain at least 30%. PCM update is done via a usb stick...

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/dealer-software-update.4100/post-66756

Deano

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have a Taycan. My tip is get an M5. Same as you fed up of updates, failures and Porsche arrogance

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just spoke to the dealer. I was scheduled for May 31, but they say the update is too unstable so will reschedule for a later date. Porsche is aware of the problem, so I guess we shall see what happens.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
bullocks, get the car out of there and find a competent service dept.
Sponsored